Himalaya/Yak chews

I keep seeing those Himalaya/Yak (cheese?) chews online. Has anyone's pups tried them? I have two quick chewers and one dainty chewer, plus Roman has stomach issues. Thanks!

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

We tried them many years ago when Sweep was just a young'n. She loved the taste and never had GI issues from them, but I got paranoid about pieces breaking off and becoming a choking hazard. They do last a long time!

53827132849_248d9686fd_o.jpg

Rachel with Doolin Doodle Dooooo, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our gorgeous, gutsy girlhounds
 Sweep and Willa:heart

Tiger got given one for Christmas; ignored it at first but with a little encouragement decided it was good news. Very hard, it lasted quite a few sessions before I threw away the last piece, in case he tried to swallow it. No digestive issues and good for teeth-cleaning too!

Clare with Tiger (Snapper Gar, b. 18/05/2015), and remembering Ken (Boomtown Ken, 01/05/2011-21/02/2020) and Doc (Barefoot Doctor, 20/08/2001-15/04/2015).

"It is also to be noted of every species, that the handsomest of each move best ... and beasts of the most elegant form, always excel in speed; of this, the horse and greyhound are beautiful examples."----Wiliam Hogarth, The Analysis of Beauty, 1753.

Tried it years ago here and no one was interested.....unless one had it and another decided they wanted it....trouble ensued. That, from dogs who otherwise had no food aggression issues. Those chews were expensive so I'd only bought one. Unless you can crate or barrier your dogs apart when they are given one, you'll have to stay on guard.

I wonder if a dog with sensitive tummy issues might have an upset over the amount of chewing-producing saliva involved?

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

• 2 months later...