Simon

Hi all,my dog has been  acting really strange,panting,wrecking the house cushions etc,he's been switched recently to a raw diet but he has like a sour smell coming from him,it smells like onions,he is currently laid next to me asleep but having rapid big breaths,I'm really worried its either his food,or bloat,it started about an hour ago.has anyone experienced this?

I have had one dog with bloat so will share my experience:  got woken up to dog trying to throw up this would happen then settle then happen again.  Dog could not get comfortable would try and lay down and just pop up again while trying to throw up.  Also could not drink anything that was swallowed would not go down.  Took to the vet by the time we got there the stomach was visibly swollen.  Again this was just my experience if they can not drink, lay down, or keep trying to throw up or poo but can not. This is when I would go to the vet or E-Vet.  

I am sure others with more experience will comment.  As I am just a long time animal lover not a vet.  If you have a good relationship with your vet give them a call and describe what is going on.  If you are worried take them in.

Take him to the vet just in case he's eaten something he shouldn't have.

I'd also switch him back to his previous diet. It sounds like something in the raw diet isn't agreeing with him.

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time

I hope this dog is doing OK now.  Please update us if you can.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Did you do a sudden shift to the raw diet or work it in gradually with his previous food?

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png