westminister 2020

cleptogrey

yes, i made it! i didn't purchase tickets in advance since i wasn't sure of the post op condition of my knee(2 weeks 2 days)- but it was fine and someone's extra ticket made it my way!!! at 9am it was totally sold out. a nice class, some younger gangly champions but the winner deserved it, mature and elegant with nice movement.

https://www.westminsterkennelclub.org/breed-results-videos/breed-videos-2020/grey-2020-video

https://www.westminsterkennelclub.org/breed-results?id=grey&season=2020

the kennel of the winner https://www.greyhounds.gr/category/inas/

caught the salukis, scottish deer hounds, whippets and then somehow didn't make it back to the ring for asawarks(sp). but i did see them benched. very much like the old fashioned smooth salukis of the early 70s. but narrow and more exaggerated. here is the link to the page, the video is not up yet, i overheard that there were streaming problems. maybe tomorrow or in a couple of days it will be up. https://www.westminsterkennelclub.org/breed-results?id=azaw&season=2020

enjoy and do looks at the videos as they pop up. kudos to my friend showing her going on 9 whippet who made the cut into the final group pending awards. not bad for an old man!

Glad you and your knee made it.  Beautiful greyhound winner -- stunning lines, not too exaggerated for this NGA-type admirer -- and unusual black brindle with this tuxedo markings.  :)  Were there really only 7 greys competing at Westminster, or were these the winners of their respective heats, so to speak?

We admire sighthounds for their speed but my favorite gait is their prancing trot -- shows off their beauty and elegance.    

I saw the young male handler with the bowtie and figured red silk jacket in the tv coverage with another dog and had already given him best-outfit-in-show.  But his running movement seemed a little gangly to me.  :lol  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

On 2/12/2020 at 9:26 AM, EllenEveBaz said:

Glad you and your knee made it.  Beautiful greyhound winner -- stunning lines, not too exaggerated for this NGA-type admirer -- and unusual black brindle with this tuxedo markings.  :)  Were there really only 7 greys competing at Westminster, or were these the winners of their respective heats, so to speak?

We admire sighthounds for their speed but my favorite gait is their prancing trot -- shows off their beauty and elegance.    

I saw the young male handler with the bowtie and figured red silk jacket in the tv coverage with another dog and had already given him best-outfit-in-show.  But his running movement seemed a little gangly to me.  :lol  

yes, ellen the knee was most cooperative. with weather changes it's fussy- also maybe too much of a good thing- p/t &  water aerobics.

not only was the young man gangly but his young dog as well. a good pair! yes, the black brindle floated- nice reach, beautiful lines.  

as to the dogs shown at westminister it's champions only. owners show under certain judges who like the confirmation of their dogs. it's all about type and status of the dogs nationally as they compete over the year. i'm not into that, just enjoying the movement. as the person sitting next to me asked- "what am i looking for ?"(while observing)- my response- "MOVEMENT! a dog needs good reach, fluid movement, elegance and presence." it's a lot to ask for- more dogs than less barely move both the front and rear ends in sync when moving. it's amazing that they got this far.

greyhound entries are always low- 

Glad you got to go! I've been to a few local shows, always interesting to talk to the people. I felt sorry for the dog that acted out (Irish Water Spaniel. I think?) but as they said, given the pressure it is surprising it doesn't happen more often, even at an event with experienced dogs.

I enjoyed watching the Agility vids and especially loved the dogs who smiled and took  their time sauntering through the course :lol  The borzoi (?) with the purple tail had such a happy grin! 

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.