Swollen knuckle joint with slight limp

Anyone experienced this? Henry's pretty stoic so I'm not sure how long it's been bothering him, but we've been bad parents and focused more on Leo's issues so it's probably been two weeks. I'm going to call the vet in the morning, but any thoughts about this and osteo?

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Just displaced?

That is an easy fix, but I'd certainly get him into the Vet.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Could be just a dislocation that popped back in on its own or, not sure how old Henry is, could be something Conner has called "sprung toe" where the ligaments around the joint are stretched out and the joint swells. That usually heals on its own with rest, but cold laser helps. Hopefully vet will figure it out.

Worst case is some sort of infection or cancer, but it's probably a dislocation. 

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

It doesn't seem like a dislocation (we deal with those with Leo a lot), but fingers are crossed it's that presenting differently than I'm used to or a sprain. There's no warmth or redness to indicate an infection and it's not getting worse so I decided to wait until Tuesday when he can see his normal vet, I'll ask for an x-ray.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

X-ray shows mostly soft tissue swelling with some bone "growth"--it had a technical term I'm forgetting--suggesting arthritis, we're going to try Meloxicam and re-xray in a month, just to be on the safe side that we're not missing anything.

Hope your stoic boy is doing well.  My Eve had almost as many permanently swollen toe joints as she did normal.  Never seemed to bother her.  

Edited by EllenEveBaz

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter