Stella Starts To Show Her True Colours

I got Stella 6 months ago and she has literally been the perfect dog, no accidents, no barking, no bad behaviours. She isn't real cuddly but I can lay on her bed or the floor and she will come over for a brief snuggle. It grows by the day. I am seeing more of her personality now, she seemingly has no interest in people food or the kitchen so I have been laxed with leaving food where she can get it. The other day I left some chicken salad on the counter, and left the room for about 10 mins. When I returned he had the container on the floor and was finishing it off, quite proud of herself. I didn't scold her because it was after the fact, and frankly, my fault for leaving it where she could get to it. I am happy that she is showing more and more of her true personality day by day, even if I am learning she is not as laid back as I first suspected. I can only imagine what else I will learn about her as time goes by. Now I have to get vigilant about making sure she cannot get into things she shouldn't. Love my Stella :rofl

They like to lull you with perfect behavior until you relax and start leaving the good stuff out!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

They like to lull you with perfect behavior until you relax and start leaving the good stuff out!

:lol Plus, she's just now learning the possibilities of expanding her repetoire

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

I hear you. I lost 3 raw chicken thighs to Lola just recently and part of a salad. This after 8 months of lulling me into believing she did not counter surf. I guess this is why God invented baby gates. ^_^

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Uh-oh. Percy's been pretty good about not counter surfing. He noses around and I tell him to get back, but he doesn't do anything too serious. (Well, he did steal a hard boiled egg off a plate on the kitchen table once. I thought I was watching him so closely. I had the table set for Passover seder and when we sat down, my husband said "why don't I have an egg?" Never saw him take it.)

I have been reluctant to leave him uncrated while I'm out because I do think he'll get more bold. I'm pretty good about not leaving food out anyway, but not happy to hear of other dogs developing naughty habits!

Molly didn’t bother people food for years, never showed any interest in the kitchen counter or table. Then one day I set down a plate with some chicken on it, briefly left the room, and came back to find her helping herself :lol They never stop surprising you :beatheart