Crave Dog Food

Anyone have experience with this brand? https://www.cravepetfoods.com/pet-food?pet=dog&food=dry He'll be trying the Salmon variety. :)

I bought a small bag because Ryder really likes kibble as a treat (he's fed raw) and he gets to play with a kibble puzzle ball during the week. Curious if people have used it and if tummies are ok on it or if it's nothing but stinky farts and/or the dreaded D. It's got beet bulp so I'm hoping none of the latter!

Thanks!

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015

Have not tried it but I recently wanted to purchase some fish or salmon kibble for treats etc for variety as I also feed raw primarily. I am aware that due to all the pollution some of the fish based foods are over the top with heavy metal and other contamination. When I tried to find one that was reasonably safe it was quite difficult. Price doesn't really tell you a lot. Even the $$$ Lotus fish kibble has way too much contamination for me. Solid Gold was better than a lot of them but still had what I considered some not great levels of things. I found a brand called Great Life that looked to be the cleanest of the lot but they have changed their formula I think since it was tested. Also many people will discredit the Clean Label Project tests results for various reasons but at least it gives you some info to take into consideration. I know Fromm's levels were too high to suit me when I checked their salmon and fish recipes before they pulled out from Chewy and I. I think possibly all the fish based foods are suspect and that hopefully it is safe for occasional use. I definitely wouldn't feed it everyday.

Thank you all. I did notice the protein level, but agreed, I figure since it's mainly used as a treat, it should be ok. He had some last night and none the worse for wear nearly 24 hours in.

Begs the question though that if high protein kibble such as this is "too much" then why manufacture one like this? Because they can? There has to be a market for it? Doesn't protein have a max % count?

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015

I started to read the ingredients for Protein from Beef, "Beef, Chicken Meal, Pork Meal, ..." Pffft. Why not call it Beef/Chicken/Pork?

On protein content: Natural Balance has a Limited Ingredient Diet with Lamb (and pea) at 32%. There must be a market because the "32%" is prominent on the package. I'm trying one dog on it (despite the protein content) because nothing else has worked for her.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)