Squeaky Tummy

Lola has been having major gas since last night. She's not passing it. Her tummy is actually squeaking so loudly at first I thought is was a kitten or some other small critter. She has skipped 3 meals (definitely not Lola-like!) and is presently out in the yard eating grass. Other than than the squeaks and not eating, she's acting normally.

Any tips on how to help Lola? Is this a situation that needs the vet? I'm worried about bloat.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Gas-X tablet usually works well for gas. You'll usually get a big belch within 20 minutes, often sooner. Just plain Gas-X, not the ones with any other "features."

I keep this chart on our refrigerator as a quick reference for bloat. http://www.bmd.org/bmdcr/bloat_chart.pdf

If she's turned down 3 meals, but everything else is normal, you might try a small amount of stinky canned food or tuna and see if she will eat that to jump start her eating. If she still won't eat, then a vet visit is probably in order.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Gas-X tablet usually works well for gas. You'll usually get a big belch within 20 minutes, often sooner. Just plain Gas-X, not the ones with any other "features."

I keep this chart on our refrigerator as a quick reference for bloat. http://www.bmd.org/bmdcr/bloat_chart.pdf

If she's turned down 3 meals, but everything else is normal, you might try a small amount of stinky canned food or tuna and see if she will eat that to jump start her eating. If she still won't eat, then a vet visit is probably in order.

Thank you for this great advice! I've printed the chart and it's in my Greyhound-stuff binder.

Is one Gas-X enough for a 70 lb, pup?

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Yes.

If it doesn't work/hasn't worked by now, a vet trip may be needed to see what's up.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Well, the squeaking and burbling has stopped. She skipped breakfast but is acting normally otherwise. Watching and waiting...

Thank you for this great advice! I've printed the chart and it's in my Greyhound-stuff binder.

Is one Gas-X enough for a 70 lb, pup?

Sorry, I was out all day and just got back here. Thanks to Greysmom for answering your question on the Gas-X. If it continues or she continues not eating then it sounds like a vet check is in order. We've had our share of $400 upset tummy vet visits, but after a few meals skipped, it seems like the weight starts falling off quickly if you can't get them back to eating. Hope Lola is feeling better by now.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Thanks to all for the great advice. The tummy rumblings have ceased and Lola ate breakfast - kibble and sardines - after skipping 4 meals. I'll still be keeping a close eye (and ear) on her, at least for today, to make sure she's back to normal.

My girls have had squeaky tums. I have found that pain can cause tummies to squeak and rumble. Lady always had a noisy tum when her back was aching. Maybe some probiotics may help?

Lola gets a probiotic every day with a meal. This is the second time she's had the squeaks. I don't ordinarily see signs of pain although she's obviously uncomfortable when she gets so gassy. We're going to the vet next week for a routine check-up so this will be on the to-be-discussed agenda.

Can food allergies cause gas?