Tiny Bump On Lower Eyelid (Updated)

Sweep has a small pinkish bump on the rim of her lower eyelid. We first noticed it a few days ago, and although it remains quite small we think it has grown slightly. I tried researching here but the Photobucket gremlins are preventing me from seeing anyone's old pics for comparison. Could this be a stye developing? Meibomian gland adenoma? It doesn't seem to bother her (except when we touch it...but who's not weird about someone poking around their eye?!). Would you watch it for a while longer or get her to the vet asap? Thanks in advance.

37237927120_318e94eb47_z.jpg

Edited by ramonaghan

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

My old Pom got these styes and from what I remember from the vet at the time was it was best to leave it be unless it got so large that it was impeding vision, or if it was filled with pus, etc. Looks like it doesn't touch her eye which is great because it would be irritating otherwise and would likely require some ointment to keep her comfortable.

I also tend to get them from time to time and I find that if you bother it, it continues to grow and get annoying, but leave it alone and don't touch it and it would likely go away on it's own. Hard to say I know, but if it's not bothering her, I really don't think it needs immediate attention at the moment.

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015

My old Pom got these styes and from what I remember from the vet at the time was it was best to leave it be unless it got so large that it was impeding vision, or if it was filled with pus, etc. Looks like it doesn't touch her eye which is great because it would be irritating otherwise and would likely require some ointment to keep her comfortable.

I also tend to get them from time to time and I find that if you bother it, it continues to grow and get annoying, but leave it alone and don't touch it and it would likely go away on it's own. Hard to say I know, but if it's not bothering her, I really don't think it needs immediate attention at the moment.

Thanks for sharing your experience. All the photos of styes on Google were much bigger so I wasn't sure if that was a possibility. Your point makes sense, though--she's leaving it alone so it's not getting inflamed and irritated. I sure hope that's all it is!

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly

John had two of those and they were malignant. Don't want to scare you, but if it starts to grow, I would get it checked out.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

John had two of those and they were malignant. Don't want to scare you, but if it starts to grow, I would get it checked out.

From my perspective, I would probably want to have this looked at --

I would not rush to the vet however, I would not wait too long before having a vet look at it. They may want to do a biopsy as it could well be cancer and getting it early would mean a less drastic surgical event.

Thanks, all. I'm leaning toward trying to get her in before the weekend but we'll see how it looks tomorrow. It's so pimple-like I keep hoping one morning it will just be gone. :unsure

I'd get her in, but not on an urgent, emergency schedule. It's likely nothing, but that way you'll know. Either way, 2 of 3 days won't make a difference, but several weeks might.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

We just saw the vet and she didn't think it was a stye since it's actually slightly lower than the rim of the eyelid. She took a photo and sent us home with instructions to just watch it and go back in if it grows at all. It could be a little cyst or a skin tag kind of thing, and may or may not go away on its own. She thought it would be premature to remove it since it's not bothering Sweep and they'd have to take a bit of the eyelid out with it, which is not worth it at this point.