Epsom Salts

Its something like 8 cups water to 1 cup of salts for a human bath. If you are doing it for soaking greyhound toes, I grab a healthy fistfull and put it in a bucket, or a tablespoon or 2 for a yogurt size container.

If you put your hand in it and test it, and your hand starts pulsing/throbbing, it's too much. But honestly, I don't think its too concerning just to eyeball an amount. A pinch however certainly won't be enough for a yogurt container.

Edited by XTRAWLD

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015

I use two heaping tablespoons for about a cup of hot water.

If you're soaking toes it's often easier to soak a wash cloth in the epsom salt water, then wrap around the foot, then cover the foot with a plastic bad (like a ziploc) and use a rubber band to secure. You can do this while they are laying down and more comfortable and they don't have to stand still.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

I just followed the instructions on the container. It ended up being something like 1/8th of a cup to a cup of water I think?

I did it when Z was laying down. Gallon size Ziploc bag with the liquid. Propped his foot up on a folded towel and then pulled the bag over his foot. I would sort of loosely cinch it with my hand around his ankle so the water got trapped in a smaller area the foot was in and then I'd hang out for 10 minutes. It was hugely helpful for us. Twice a day, let it air dry, then we used Trypzyme and applied padding, wrapped it and covered it with a baby sock.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."