No Pull Harness

I'd like to get a new harness to walk Ryder and I'm thinking of the No Pull Harness, as mentioned on GT. http://www.2houndsdesign.com/Freedom-No-Pull-Harness/

I'm also hoping that this puts no pressure on his neck. Is anyone aware of where the pressure points are with this harness when walking? The vid just says even pressure throughout the chest.

Does connecting the front and the back of it simultaneously make the magic happen for no pulling? So I should buy the Euro leash? http://www.2houndsdesign.com/Euro-Leash-double-connection.html

Edited by XTRAWLD

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015

interested in what folks say here, we need to switch Larry to a harness as his neck is not doing well....

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

None of my guys are pullers, but we have these harnesses.

There is no pressure on the neck.

Ruby has needed Chiro on her neck and shoulders a few times over the years and I don't want to walk her by her collar.

Same with Nixon... He is older and I don't want any strain on his neck, so he wears his harness.

I clip the leash to the ring on the top/back....there has never been any rubs. It does need to be fitted fairly close to the body, otherwise I find the twist a bit crooked.

I have never felt the need to clip to both front and top rings.

And they come in awesome colours :)

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Guest rferguson

to much hardware and leashes for me, i'm a simpleton. for a harness,i use harness lead, it's the only harness that annie can not get out of and felix doesn't get chaffed arm pits.http://www.harnesslead.com12829108_1114818831870765_58388831176604

Goodness... double braided nylon leash! Did you get that at West Marine :)

It's multi-tasking hardware: walk the dog, tow boats, tow cars, pull tree stumps... etc :)

yes, the harness lead is heavy duty. i have used the large and medium/small on my dogs and the large on my daughter's 12# rat terrier, the difference is in the length,

.....the link above is to the website. they wash up beautifully and are quite comfortable unlike flat nylon leads.

Edited by cleptogrey

I do sometimes get rubs on the chest where the chest loop and the strap running perpendicular to it runs. It's usually after a difficult walk where we have seen multiple cats, bush turkeys and small fluffies.

But generally, I love these harnesses and they do make walking my high prey girl much much more pleasant.

I do sometimes get rubs on the chest where the chest loop and the strap running perpendicular to it runs. It's usually after a difficult walk where we have seen multiple cats, bush turkeys and small fluffies.

But generally, I love these harnesses and they do make walking my high prey girl much much more pleasant.

Interesting. Do you use the front and back clips?

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015

I've used both the No-Pull harness and the HarnessLead and like them both. They're very different from each other, but both are easy to put on and very hard to escape from and both gently discourage pulling. The HarnessLead has the added advantage of being resizeable as your dog grows, if you buy it for a puppy. I fitted one on a 6-week old pup at a local vending event in November and it was stinking cute and worked great!

Sharon, Loki, Freyja, Capri (bridge angel and most beloved heart dog), Ajax (bridge angel) and Sweetie Pie (cat)

Visit Hound-Safe.com by Something Special Pet Supplies for muzzles and other dog safety products

:gh_bow