Does Tanzi Have O S?

I don't know what I'm looking at, so can't comment Just wishing you and Tanzi the best possible results, Mary Pat.

Don

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

The vets don't see OS, but there is a lump of bone on the inside. And the bone doesn't seem as defined as her left leg (bottom leg). At least to me. But the vets said they don't see anything. I asked what else could it be and they just said to come back in a week or so to see if there are any changes.

I sent a JPEG to Dr. Couto. I don't know if it's sharp enough and I may have to send the disc.

Also, since it's a wrist, are there other options than full leg amp? I'm definitely not doing palliative. I work all day and I'm not coming home to a dog with a broken leg and in distress. I already came home to a dead dog. Not going thru that again. And I'm set up for a tripod since I dogsit one all the time.

Can we do partial amps with prosthetics? Can we do radiation on the tumor only? Since it's one of two bones, can the tumor be removed and the leg spared? Has anyone gone thru alternate options to palliative or full leg amps?

Sending you both prayers and good thoughts. I am pasting this from Grassmere's section on osteo treatment options; I remembered reading it long ago. I also know the specialty hospital near me performs this type of surgery:

Limb sparing surgery - a new technique adapted from human medicine and done at some referral centers. The cancerous bone is removed and replace with grafted bone, and the nearest joint is fused. This is only done on the wrist area at this time.

Edited by ramonaghan

53827132849_248d9686fd_o.jpg

Rachel with Doolin Doodle Dooooo, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our gorgeous, gutsy girlhounds
 Sweep and Willa:heart

I can't tell from the x-rays, but as far as treatment options go, it's really amp or maybe limb sparing. You won't want to do radiation. Radiation increases the risk of fracture, especially if you opt for stereotactic and it's technically just a palliative treatment. Though the stereotactic seems to really get the tumor well, but again, the trade off is an even higher likelihood of a break down the road as the radiation can damage some healthy bone. I was quoted about a 30% increase with stereotactic, much less with palliative.

Hope it's not cancer. :(

Edited by NeylasMom

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

TBHounds. Isn't the carpus part of the paw? The long bones 'finger' in the xray?

I think I see what you're looking at. The xrays are reversed. The top is her right leg. And it's a lump inside the wrist.

The carpus is the wrist joint. I'm seeing a possible lytic lesion in the radius, which is the long bone of the arm, right where it joins the carpus.

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds: Kili (ATChC AgMCh Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly RN IP MSCDC MTRDC ExS Bronze ExJ Bronze ) and Kenna (Lakilanni Kiss The Sky RN MADC MJDC AGDC AGEx AGExJ). Waiting at the Bridge: Retired racer Summit (Bbf Dropout) May 5, 2005-Jan 30, 2019

Like us on Facebook!

The carpus is the wrist joint. I'm seeing a possible lytic lesion in the radius, which is the long bone of the arm, right where it joins the carpus.

That's what I'm seeing--wonder if it's just positional? Would like to see another view. MaryPat--you're referring to the metacarpal bones-we are referring to "above" the wrist.

That's what I'm seeing--wonder if it's just positional?.

Perhaps, but I feel like I'm losing the cortex in that area, so I'm suspicious. Would be nice to see the lateral view as well.

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds: Kili (ATChC AgMCh Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly RN IP MSCDC MTRDC ExS Bronze ExJ Bronze ) and Kenna (Lakilanni Kiss The Sky RN MADC MJDC AGDC AGEx AGExJ). Waiting at the Bridge: Retired racer Summit (Bbf Dropout) May 5, 2005-Jan 30, 2019

Like us on Facebook!