Anything To Watch For In A Female Dog

As most of you know, I adopted a 2-year old girl, Joy, almost 3 weeks ago. Since Magic was a boy, I was wondering if there are any medical issues to look for in a girl dog. She's not a broodie and was spayed back in March.

Carol, missing Magic (1/5/01 - 4/15/15) but welcoming Fuzzy's Joy Behar (Joy) into my life on 5/31/15.

the only thing I can think of is possible urinary incontinence issues. Rainey's showed up around age 5 or so and she was fine on DES for the rest of her life.

oh, and girl doggies are THIEVES. They will STEAL your hearts :kiss2

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Congrats on your new addition! We've had 2 girls (including one brood) and 3 boys, and never had to watch for anything special. I remember a vet telling me a long time ago that we had to "be careful of UTIs" in our girl - but (*knock on wood*) - after 5 dogs, we've never had a UTI with any of them!

We've never had anything special with our girls dogs (a Grey and Labradors)- one out of 5 had UTI problems, that's it.

Tin and Michael and Lucas, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo, Salvo and Noor the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules, Marco and Baltasar.

Guest FordRacingRon

Never had any dog but the one girl and the only thing she has had that I am not so sure a boy would get as easily was a UTI, and that was about 6 months ago. And she is 12.