Moving To Vermont

Guest ultraviolet79

Guest ultraviolet79

Greetings! My husband, hounds, and I are relocating to VT from NJ in a few months, and I was hoping to connect with a few other Vermonters. I searched around the forums a bit but didn't find much discussion about Vermont, so I thought I'd start a thread.

We are planning to move to the Montpelier area, and could use some recommendations on pet sitters and vets in the area. Any leads on pet-friendly rentals would be great too. So, if you're in Vermont, please say hello. My hounds, Watson and Lilly, would love to meet you for a play date. :)

Aww, love the names, Watson and Lilly! I'm not near Vermont, but I think more people will see this if you post it under Everything Else Greyhound vs Introductions. :)

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

The only people I know in VT are in Brattleboro - a bit far, I think! (Although they do have dogs! Just not greys...)

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Oh - and don't leave bags of dog food in your truck of your car overnight!!! My friend in Brattleboro did that (she forgot) and had HUGE scratches all ov er the car the next day!!! Bear!!! (I think she's lucky it didn't peel open her car like a sardine can!)

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

• 1 month later...

Hello and welcome from New Hampshire.

If you are on Facebook Northern Greyhound Adoptions has a group page you could join. They are located in St Albans, but you may be able to connect with some greyhounds in your area. You can also find Fast Friends in Keene NH on Facebook. Good luck with your move.

CollageSnap

<p>Finn, Wink, Birdie, Snap and SmokeyJG Quicknfast 7/25/99-5/16/08, JG Quickwink 7/25/99-9/22/13, Iruska SweetDuv 7/19/03-11/9/16, Delbar 6/11/11 and Catahoula Smokey

All three of our hounds came from Northern Greyhound Adoptions in St Albans

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Check out Moby Sugar on Facebook. His family is involved with Northern Greyhound Adoptions. https://www.facebook.com/blackjacksugar

Also, contact VTgreys here on GT.

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04