River, I Think, Stepped On A Bee.

River (again :lol)

I was taking her out to go potty. It had just finished raining.

I here a zzzt and then nothing. Suddenly River is very interested in where her foot is planted. She won't lift it right away. Licks at it first, then bites at it. When she finally started walking again, she went only a few steps before laying down and chewing/licking her foot again. I check it, but don't see or feel anything except sand & dirt. When I finally get her inside (lot of limping and laying down to mess with her foot) I clean it off and use a flashlight to look some more. I still see, nor feel, nothing.

She doesn't seem sore (no GSOD or flinching) when I press on her pads & between toes. But she is limping and occasionally licking/chewing her foot. I, myself, have never been stung! Is there something I can give her to help with her foot?? Benadryl? Baby aspirin for pain/inflammation?

Help :(

TIA!

A dose of benadryl couldn't hurt. Watch for any swelling which could mean she's having an allergic reaction. I would probably soak her foot in epsom salts rather than give an oral anti inflammatory, but River might not sit still long enough for that!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Just gave her some Benadryl. Thankfully she loves cheese as much as Sammi and sucked it down without realizing it was laced with something :lol

So far she has slowed down on the frequency of her licking/chewing. No swelling. Only a slight limp when no one is watching. If she catches DS or I looking at her, her limp becomes almost a crippling walk. :huh

Edited by Gryffenne

Yup, Benedryl. Check the area for a stinger barb. Muzzle if she's touchy about the area.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Yup, Benedryl. Check the area for a stinger barb. Muzzle if she's touchy about the area.

I checked while outside, then inside after I cleaned her foot off. I couldn't feel anything or see anything. When I pressed on her pads, toes, all over- there was no flinching or anything to show it hurt. Either she got it out, it fell out, or it didn't leave one. If it wasn't for the clearly audible zzzt-- cut short as she stepped forward, I would have thought that she just stepped on a stick or something. :blink: