Tick'd Off

Thanks everyone. My inlaws actually are in a lyme endemic area in SW Ontario near lake erie, however this was an adult male deer tick, which means though attached it was not taking a blood meal. I learned about that last spring when my daughter played outside at her grandparents and ended up with 2 on her scalp, discovered two days later :eek

I know it is important to remove them quickly but as I mentioned I knew it had already been on there at least 48 hours so I figured another 8 while I sought advice on any less traumatic choices would be okay.

We don't have Frontline here, according to my vet the options were Advantix, Preventic or Trifexor (I may have that wrong).

But you should still he able to order it from Deadfleaz if you wanted to go that route.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

You got to pull it . Put it on a white Tissue and see if you got the Head to.

Wanted to add, is he on Frontline or any other Flea and Tick Meds and why not?

Doesn't matter if you get the mouthparts or not... I never worry about it - they'lll eventually work their way out & it's much more important to get the tick off. And DON'T SQUEEZE IT!!!

Who said that adult male ticks don't feed?? They DO! They can transmit lyme as well.

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

I order the Preventic collars .... And our Revolution ... From Australia.

http://www.pets-megastore.com.au

Super cheap and fast shipping.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg