Ugly Greyhound

Guest CleverJason

Welcome. So glad you joined us! :nod

Actually Taste is subjective but good taste is never!

This is one of the most beautiful breeds in the world who has been revered and celebrated in art, literature and yes.....fashion. Think Erte and his famous Symphony in Black. The woman had 2 Greyhounds on a leash....not 2 Golden Retrievers or Chihuahuas (not that there's anything wrong with either)

You have impeccable taste and an eye for beauty! :bow2

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I feel in love with greyhounds at first sight at the Danbury Fair in CT. was not able to have one till many years later and even though I had many heartbreaks they have changed my life forever.

• 2 weeks later...

Greyhounds ugly? Bah, humbug. I've been hooked since I saw a couple of shows about them on Animal Planet. I adopted my first, a big brindle girl I named Honey, in 2002. Since then I've adopted six others and fostered a few more. I can't imagine owning any other breed.

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

Welcome, Jason and Baron! :colgatewavesmile.gif

Years ago I used to think that greyhounds were weird-looking. Then one day I met Merlin...

Fast forward seven years, and whenever I'm downtown I half-expect everyone who meets us on the street to stop and tell me how beautiful my boys are. :blush And on the rare occasions that people walk by without even a quick glance at the dogs, I think they must be either blind, not right in the head, or soulless.. :P

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

• 1 month later...
Guest Lillypad

What a wonderful story. It sounds like you are writing my story. My husband wanted a greyhound, not me. We grew up with Standard Poodles, so when we decided to get a dog, I believed we would agree to get a poodle. My hubby on the other hand did not like the poodle idea. He suggested a greyhound. Why I said, they are rather ugly and from what I have heard a hard keeper. So I asked him again why a greyhound... I don't know he said, why a poodle... I went on to list at least 10 or more reasons for a poodle, he could not list one for a hound. I said tell me, is it really the dog or the romance of "rescue" (which I now know rescue is the wrong term when applied to these dogs, they far from need "rescue" they are very well cared for) that intrigues you. He sort of admitted this to be the case. So considering I love all dogs and feel I can work with any breed, felt well a greyhound is a dog and I want a dog. So off we went to the adoption group. And just like you, one look my heart was lost. Two years later, I can't imagine my life without her, I can't imagine me having any other breed and I call tell you for certain, there is no more BEAUTIFUL creature than a greyhound. Thanks for sharing your "Ugly" greyhound story. That is fiction if ever I heard it. LOL

Welcome, Jason and Baron! :colgatewavesmile.gif

Years ago I used to think that greyhounds were weird-looking. Then one day I met Merlin...

Fast forward seven years, and whenever I'm downtown I half-expect everyone who meets us on the street to stop and tell me how beautiful my boys are. :blushAnd on the rare occasions that people walk by without even a quick glance at the dogs, I think they must be either blind, not right in the head, or soulless.. :P

:lol Me, too!

Dave (GLS DeviousDavid) - 6/27/18
Gracie (AMF Saying Grace) - 10/21/12
Bella (KT Britta) - 4/29/05 to 2/13/20