Which Supplements Do You Give?

Guest bongoboy

Guest bongoboy

HI

I just adopted a 1 1/2 year and a 3 year old retired greyhounds. I gave my last greyhound cosequin. What other supplements do you all recommend?

Dasuquin Large Dog with MSM. Also wild Alaskan salmon oil capsules from Sam's Club and ProDen Plaqueoff.

Riley has bad hips and the Dasquin with MSM seems to help a lot with the stiffness. The salmon oil keeps his coat soft and dandruff-free, and the Plaqueoff (in conjunction with regular chewies and turkey necks) keeps the plaque on his teeth to a minimum. It also makes it so that any plaque that does form on his canines is very soft and easily scrapes off with a fingernail.

Kristen with

Penguin (L the Penguin) Flying Penske x L Alysana

Costarring The Fabulous Felines: Squeak, Merlin, Bailey & Mystic

68sgSRq.jpg

Guest AimeeBee

For George (5 years old): liquid wild pollock oil, thinking of adding Dasuquin/MSM

For my current foster (6 years old): Missing Link for skin/coat

cold pressed salmon oil and that's it.

occasionally probiotics, if their tummy is off. but i believe in K.I.S.S. and once you find the food that works for your dog and their track coat is blown and replaced you really shouldn't need a ton of supplements. neither of my dogs have track injuries, both are nearly 7.

Guest DogNewbie

Wiley gets Therabites joint chews (vdt grade MSM glucosamine in treat fofm) 2x a day and 1200mg of omega-3 oil (for skin, coat and reducing inflamation) in the am. It works for him!

Edited by DogNewbie

In dogs that young, supplementation for joints, etc. is not necessary.

Coconut oil is good for any dog though (and human!) ;) Soft fluffy coat and no itchy skin! I get SO many compliments from people when we're at meet and greets about how soft my dogs' fur is. Clarice's white hair sparkles like fresh snow :D

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

My girls are 11 and they're on Springtime Fresh Factors, coconut oil, an enzyme supplement, and a probiotic.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown