An American In Germany With A Spanish Greyhound...

Guest CaityRose

:welcome Zoey and CaityRose!

We have two Galgos.

Marco, aged 10 years and sounds a lot like Zoey, personality wise (shy, was scared of his own shadow, abused, etc.) He came to us in late 2007, my husband took him back here to Canada from an adoption group in Holland. He has improved A LOT, is totally fine with Michael and myself, but is still leary of strangers.

And then there is Lucas. 4 years old, and the life of the party, not scared of anything, except the car- he gets car sick. He loves everyone. (Just ask Iker's Mom she met him when he was still in Spain). We took him back with us 2 years ago when we were in Holland.

MarcoandLucas_zps27a25d72.jpg

Marco (left) and Lucas (right)

Tin

Tin and Michael and Lucas, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo, Salvo and Noor the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules, Marco and Baltasar.

:wave Welcome to GT! Your galga is lovely. I've had galgos (Irys and Cruz), but, sadly, they've both passed on. I still miss them every day.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Welcome to GT! I am American, but my family is originally from Bad Wimpfen, which looks like it's not too far from you. One of my relatives is the mayor there and my husband and I are planning to visit there next year.

I'd love to hear what you think about being an American living in Germany, as my dream is to move there at some point, if I can convince my husband!

Welcome to you and Zoey. She is beautiful!

Jenn, missing Shadow (Wickford Big Tom), Pretty Girl (C's Pretty) and Tori (Santoria)

Guest CaityRose

Welcome to GT! I am American, but my family is originally from Bad Wimpfen, which looks like it's not too far from you. One of my relatives is the mayor there and my husband and I are planning to visit there next year.

I'd love to hear what you think about being an American living in Germany, as my dream is to move there at some point, if I can convince my husband!

Welcome to you and Zoey. She is beautiful!

Ah well, I'd give it mixed reviews. There are some great opportunities but finding a job would be near impossible, and if I didn't have access to the american supermarket on post I would go crazy. It's amazing sometimes you just miss reading labels in english or being able to buy instant pudding and lucky charms ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome! She is absolutely beautiful.

If the inn wasn't full at 3, I'd consider a Galgo/Galga. But the limit is 3 pups here in my county.

Also, THANK YOU for your service to the USA. You are making sacrifices along with your husband. :)

greytalk signature 2020.jpg

Marble, Noah, Eden, Raya (red heeler), Cooper & Trooper (naughty kittens)

Missing my bridge angels: Pop, Zelda, Mousey & Carmel

What a beautiful galgo you have. Welcome to Greytalk. We love the galgos! I hope to have one some day. I think it is so important to educate people on the plight of these poor dogs. Please keep us posted with photos and stories of your girl as she becomes more comfortable with her new life.

:wave Hello and welcome from Maryland! Zoey is really beautiful- the picture on the bed makes her look so regal!

gallery_22163_3545_11448.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.