Ruby is acting weird and my husband and I are grasping at straws. Her vet appt. is Wed. to discuss her strange behaviors.

In the meantime, we have increased her exercise and play time by almost double and were wondering if there are any puzzle toys that might be helpful. We bought one in the beginning and she had no clue how to work it. She's a sweet girl but not the brightest. Any simple ones you can recommend ?

Karen

Summer rolls a multi-sided "ball" around, which has a shaped hole in one end. The idea is that she has to kind of get it right to make a kibble fall out but her kibbles are just a tad too small so they fall out very easily. It's not very complicated, LOL.

SummerGreytalkSignatureResized-1.jpg

Lisa B.

My beautiful Summer - to her forever home May 1, 2010 Summer

Certified therapy dog team with St. John Ambulance

There are plush toys with holes in them and smaller plush toys inside. The dog can pull the little ones out through the hole. Riley has one with squirrels in a tree trunk, but there are also birds in a tree and bees in a hive. If you're worried that she won't figure out that there are things inside for her to discover, you can make it easier by letting their tails stick out of the holes until she gets the hang of it.

Amazon has them. They're made by Kyjen. There's Hide-A-Squirrel, Hide-A-Bee, etc. You can also get replacement critters to stuff into the toy.

Kristen with

Penguin (L the Penguin) Flying Penske x L Alysana

Costarring The Fabulous Felines: Squeak, Merlin, Bailey & Mystic

68sgSRq.jpg

I bought this one at Petco yesterday, wanted something to entertain the hounds while we have 12+ inches of snow and extreme cold. 2 of my 4 figured it out quickly, the other 2 are unsure of the "clacking" sound the doors make when they close....

puzzle2_zps1845f23f.jpg

puzzle1_zpsf5926100.jpg

They have to open the yellow covers to get the kibble/treats, the top also rotates to reveal more chambers. It was a big hit once they figured it out. They had about 5 different puzzle toys at Petco, I think they also have those Hide-A-Bee, etc. toys too.

gtsigtest5-31-1-1.jpg?t=1338477409
Mom to Emmi (WM Lickety Split) & Asia (Devious Walker)
Waiting at the Bridge: Shadow, Willow, Tony, Nina, Reggie, Sunny, Webb, Rosie, Rowdy, Ivy, Smoke & Raina

Muffin pan and tennis balls. Put a couple/few tennis balls into the cups of the pan. Under one or two of the balls, hide a super stinky treat. Also put a super stinky treat in an uncovered cup of the tin. If she knocks a ball out of the way, she will find a treat. And to ensure she doesn't fail, there is a treat in an uncovered cup.

There are plush toys with holes in them and smaller plush toys inside. The dog can pull the little ones out through the hole. Riley has one with squirrels in a tree trunk, but there are also birds in a tree and bees in a hive. If you're worried that she won't figure out that there are things inside for her to discover, you can make it easier by letting their tails stick out of the holes until she gets the hang of it.

Amazon has them. They're made by Kyjen. There's Hide-A-Squirrel, Hide-A-Bee, etc. You can also get replacement critters to stuff into the toy.

The Hide-a-Squirrel is a big hit with Aston, but not as intended. We stuff the trunk full of squirrels, he grabs the trunk and shakes it AS HARD AS POSSIBLE, the squirrels go FLYING, and he runs off to chomp on the crunchy trunk for awhile. I think I'd get the same enthusiasm with a gallon milk jug. :lol

Guest KPS915