So I Snuck Two New Year's Eve Steaks, What's The Big Deal?

Guest driser

Guest driser

Every dog's dream ... an absent minded owner and two fresh steaks intended for New Year's Eve. Who knew they could unwrap said high valued treat from butcher paper with ease.

Our larger than normal (just big guy, not fat) male Greyhound ate two raw steaks yesterday afternoon and then dreamt about his adventure as he napped the day away in a food coma. Needless to say, we only gave him a splash of kibble last night, just to keep the routine and this morning only half his breakfast which he ate but didn't scarf. Still full, eh, big guy?

This morning's BM was typical; bouncy and usual amount ... not what I was expecting. Around 1 we all went for a 30 min walk assuming the movement might help "move" things along. It's now 7pm and still very little poop. Eating, drinking, playing ...

Just taking a while for his gut to digest such an opulent meal?

Do large raw meals take longer than kibble that has fiber?

Every dog's dream ... an absent minded owner and two fresh steaks intended for New Year's Eve. Who knew they could unwrap said high valued treat from butcher paper with ease.

Our larger than normal (just big guy, not fat) male Greyhound ate two raw steaks yesterday afternoon and then dreamt about his adventure as he napped the day away in a food coma. Needless to say, we only gave him a splash of kibble last night, just to keep the routine and this morning only half his breakfast which he ate but didn't scarf. Still full, eh, big guy?

This morning's BM was typical; bouncy and usual amount ... not what I was expecting. Around 1 we all went for a 30 min walk assuming the movement might help "move" things along. It's now 7pm and still very little poop. Eating, drinking, playing ...

Just taking a while for his gut to digest such an opulent meal?

Do large raw meals take longer than kibble that has fiber?

"This morning the BM was typical and bouncy". Whose BM are we referring to?? LOL

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg

This makes Milo's theft of a pizza bone off a plate look like child's play.

My dear Eve once consumed an entire meal my mother intended for 6 people -- including lime green with mandarin oranges jello salad with plastic wrap -- and her poop remained absolutely normal.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

My dear Eve once consumed an entire meal my mother intended for 6 people -- including lime green with mandarin oranges jello salad with plastic wrap -- and her poop remained absolutely normal.

I find this ridiculously funny. Maybe because I didn't know anyone liked lime green Jello

Karen

Guest driser

This makes Milo's theft of a pizza bone off a plate look like child's play.

We are still talking about this ... mouth dropped when I read this ... then we laughed. Unbelievable!

Guest driser

Unless there is bone included, plain raw meat will produce a lot less waste than other food (from my experience anyways). Consider it a good score for him, but too bad you had to go vegetarian for your meal! :P

Nope boneless, thank God. Yep, even this morning ... same pick-up-able poop. Wow, who knew! Oh I assure you, my hubby went back to the butcher shop.