Good Treatment For Cuts

Guest Scarter55

Guest Scarter55

Lady seems to constantly be getting little scrapes and cuts. We've been using Vetericyn All Animal HydroGel Spray, but I was wondering if anyone else has found anything that works well. Also, Lady hates the fact that it is a spray, so if you have had any luck with a cream or something that would be helpful as well. Thanks!

Guest Clawsandpaws

If you want a cream, perhaps you (or, more importantly, Lady) would like EMT Gel. I get it from The GEM Store.

EMT gel was the best discovery I ever made. I gave a tube to our kennel manager, he is sold now too! It is amazing! Although it is important to make sure the gel is thoroughly dry before trying to cover it with anything (if you cover it at all)

EMT gel and/or spray. Wendy is always getting nasty cuts on her back legs. I apply the the gel first then the spray (which contains Bitrex) so she won't lick the wounds. Miraculous stuff.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

i'm really old fashioned, saline solution irrigates it and it's cheap and easy. felix is ALWAYS getting cuts, his most recent was a 1" deep and 1" long gash behind and under his dew claw....ouch! my vet didn't want to staple it since that would drive him crazy and i bandaged it well and it was starting to clot nicely(1hr after the cut). so, i continued the saline, 8 days later healed! remarkable what saliva and saline solution will do. i use french gray sea salt which i buy at the health food store. btw- it brings out the flavor in soups and sauces as well. expensive but works well!