Product To Seal Skin?

Guest lucylei

Guest lucylei

I'm pretty sure my two greys love each other. We only got Zuko (3) two weeks ago but already Missy (5) is sharing her space with him and even gave up her spot. They eat treats very close together with no growls and don't mind bouncing off of each other when they're running to the door for potty time. HOWEVER, Zuko is a young boy who is very rambunctious. He loves to chase anything that runs and unfortunately reaches with his teeth. He wears his muzzle at the park but yesterday, Missy ran after a ball before I put the muzzle on him and he started chasing her. He bit her shoulder and split the skin. Missy didn't even turn around and got the ball, playing with it for about 20 mins before I even noticed anything was wrong due to the blood. The cut still doesn't bother her (she hasn't tried to lick it or reach it) and she doesn't hold any ill will towards her brother, but the skin is quite obviously split and I can see whatever's underneath...muscle or more skin...I have no idea. I heard of a product that can seal wounds like this but I don't quite remember what it was. Any recommendations?

I've not used EMT gel but I've heard a lot of great things about it. Planning to purchase some myself.

If the tear is deep you're going to want to have a vet - or at least a vet tech - take a look at it in case it's at risk for infection...

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

a spike(nailed by a tooth) will heal on it's own in around 6 weeks. a couple of staples and it's healed in 2 weeks. i would take your dog in for a few staples. been there.....pretty normal, lucky it didn't become a tear, that needs lots of staples.