Cleaning Up The Big D Out Of Carpet

I walked in to a mess of three piles on our living room carpet. Any secrets to what use to get out the stain?

Also, What can I use for the smell?

Edited by Rustyroo

Jodie D (hope to have another grey name her soon)
Missing my Bridge Babies:
Rusty (Cut a Rusty) 10/18/95-06/09/09
Solo (Tali Solo Nino) 01/10/98-03/25/10
Franny (Frohmader) 02/28/04-08/31/17

I use a bar of soap and a scrub brush with some warm water.I lightly wet the area with the water, rub the bar of soap over it a few times,scrub the area well, blot it with an old towel or some paper towels, repeat until no more stain appears on the towel,but some clear water on it and blot until the soap is up,then clean area with a traditional carpet shampooer, let dry,vacuum, and if it still smells shampoo again! It's a real bugger to deal with!!

My big Bissell steam cleaner has paid for itself several times over the past few years. I use the Pet Stain & Odor Cleaner,

and usually I go over that particular area several times, but it's always come clean.....stain & odor.

Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog.

I've been working hard, well my SpotBot has. The stains are coming out, but the carpet still smells. Any home remedy for that?

Jodie D (hope to have another grey name her soon)
Missing my Bridge Babies:
Rusty (Cut a Rusty) 10/18/95-06/09/09
Solo (Tali Solo Nino) 01/10/98-03/25/10
Franny (Frohmader) 02/28/04-08/31/17

Guest KPS915

Ugh, I feel for you! I used spot shot and a brush for the stain combined with my carpet steamer. For the smell, I used some natures miracle and a lot of pet strength febreeze.