Hello From Adelaide, South Australia

Guest diane123

Guest diane123

Hello from Adelaide!

We have a gorgeous greyhound called Bruce who we have for nearly a year coming this May and was from the Greyhound Adoption Programme. He gets on famously with our Kelpie X Labbie called Mia.

Diane

:wave Hello from Maryland! I visited your city about 10 years ago- we had a good time there!

We would love to see :digicam of Bruce.

gallery_22163_3545_11448.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

:wave Hello from the UK. Let's see some pics / videos of Bruce!

Relatives down under tell me wonderful things about Adelaide, a city I have yet to visit.

How are greyhounds as pets viewed in your country now? When I was in NSW about 10 years back the muzzle rules seemed much more strict than ours?

Guest diane123

Hello and thank you for your all your replies! It is so wonderful! I am trying to place a picture of Bruce and Mia on this post but having no luck! iphoto won't let me do a simple cut and paste, so tomorrow will try and work this out - still learning how to navigate my way around! :ghplaybow

Thank you again!

Cheers

Diane

Guest diane123

Hi John,

Adelaide is pretty, a large country town really. For GAP dogs here in South Australia we had to apply to the Cat and Dog Board Association to have an exemption for Bruce not to wear a muzzle. We had to provide proof that he went through the GAP Programme and after four weeks was all approved. We have to carry his ID photo card when ever he goes out showing exemption has been granted. Don't know how this compares with the UK or with America.

Hi John,

Adelaide is pretty, a large country town really. For GAP dogs here in South Australia we had to apply to the Cat and Dog Board Association to have an exemption for Bruce not to wear a muzzle. We had to provide proof that he went through the GAP Programme and after four weeks was all approved. We have to carry his ID photo card when ever he goes out showing exemption has been granted. Don't know how this compares with the UK or with America.

Welcome to the forum!

Here in Canada, we don't have to muzzle greyhounds.

Greyhound Collars : www.collartown.ca

Maggie (the human servant), with Miss Bella, racing name "A Star Blackieto"

13380965654_dba9a12b29.jpg

Guest diane123

Morning from Adelaide!

Glad to read that in Canada the Greys don't have to wear a muzzle!

These Australian Greyhounds get round the world don't they!?

Don't think Gilly Boy and Bruce are related - Bruce's Dad was Big Daddy Cool and his Mum was Springvale Honey. Bruce was born on April 2 2007 and his owner was Ron Schadow from Victor Harbor. This is about 80kms south from Adelaide - 1 hour drive away. I have spoken with his owner Ron and his wife as they always want to know where their retired pooches have gone.

Welcome to GT. There are some detailed instructions under technical help about posting pictures.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest diane123

Hi there and welcome! I do a lot of business in your country!

Thank you! I had a peek at your website - it is just amazing! I am glad that you do business here!

Welcome to you and your beautiful dogs. No muzzles required here in the USA, either. Australia has the most strict muzzle regulations I've heard of.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter