New Grey Owner From Maine

Guest Niffz

Guest Niffz

Hello! I'm Niffz, my Husband and I just adopted an almost 4yo Greyhound last weekend.

We've named him André, after Andre the Giant... or the rapper Dr.Dre. Husband's idea! ^^

I can't believe how well he fits in with our family. He is getting along great with our two cats, and he's just so sweet. He was previously adopted once before he came to us!

I have a feeling that I'm going to be a crazy hound lady!

Well, see you around the forums!

Niffz

Guest Niffz

Oh Shoot!

I actually can't find the rules... anyone have a link?

Here's some pictures!

575068_10100921707537559_1349587950_n.jp

74475_10100921707597439_2087966623_n.jpg

734108_10100921707667299_1495778213_n.jp

601613_10100920245063369_2055441812_n.jp

He's pure love! As you can see, he really likes to sleep... Thanks for the welcome :)

Edited by Niffz

Guest Adrianne

Welcome from Atlanta, and your boy is so handsome. :wave

I realized I had become "that crazy pet lady" one day when I looked at my FB wall and realized 90% of my posts and photos are of my dogs and my cat.

Welcome to the wonderful world of greys. He's very handsome.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest Niffz

Bhaha you all got me!

His racing name is Kane's Edward. His whole litter was named after the twilight characters...

Thank you all so much! I'm sure I'll learn a ton here.

Edited by Niffz

Hi and welcome from another Mainer. I love the name Andre. What part of the state are you located in? We are in Buxton, just outside of Portland. We adopted our first girl Heidi (Sendahl Eve) in Dec 08 and added our second girl Betty (Nitro Ugly Betty) in Dec 10. They become very addictive!

Christine- Mum to Betty (Nitro Ugly Betty), Hannah (Rj Have I Told U) and missing Heidi (Sendahl Eve) 04/21/2005-06/19/2013

Guest Niffz

Thanks, I think it fits him pretty well ^^

Neat another Mainer!! We're just outside of Bangor. Where did younadopt your pups from? Snowy today, not looking forward to shoveling!

Edited by Niffz

We are getting hit with the snow now. The mud was just starting to dry up in our fenced yard... not anymore.

We adopted Heidi from Maine Greyhound Placement and adopted Betty from Animal Welfare Society in Kennebunk. Where did you adopt Andre from?

Christine- Mum to Betty (Nitro Ugly Betty), Hannah (Rj Have I Told U) and missing Heidi (Sendahl Eve) 04/21/2005-06/19/2013

Hi Niffz! wavesmile.gif

I'm in Maine too! I have two boys, Merlin and Sagan. Merlin came from the Animal Refuge League here in Westbrook, and we adopted Sagan from Massachusetts (Amazing Greyz). We're in Southern Maine.Andre' is so handsome! Of course, I am partial to red and white hounds anyway... :hehe;)

Looking forward to seeing more pictures and stories in the coming weeks and months :)

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest BlackandTan

Welcome! If your ever interested in a ride down to Mass we do play-dates at GPA Mass's kennel when the weather warms up... We usually have around 20 hounds running free (muzzled)

Great times are had!

Guest mainegrey

Hi Andre!! We adopted MrMan from MGPS almost 2 years ago. The best decision ever!! I think I saw your picture with Edward this weekend on Facebook. We live on MDI, we are almost neighbors )) We should organize a play date some day)))) Edward is one handsome grey!!

Guest Niffz

Sorry mainegrey i missed your posts!

Ohmygosh! I work in BarHarbor ^^. I'd love a play date (oh and I'm sure Andre would too) hehe!

I haven't found a good fences in place for him to run, but that wouldn't be for awhile anyway. We're working on the recall bit!

As for the snow, I made him walk in it. He kept giving me these sideways glances as of saying "How long is his walk going to be? Are we home yet?" When we did get home he plopped in his blanket and slept.

We found out he HATES seagulls. He's so good on his walks, ignores barking dogs people etc, but these birds... He wanted them dead! The only time he really freaked out so far!

Edited by Niffz