Delurking From Pittsburgh -- Hello!

Floofy

Hello, I've been on Greytalk as a lurker for a while, but RMarie suggested I hop on the introduction board and tell you a little bit about myself.

My husband and I have had Luke (formerly U Too Isaiah) for four years. He's my first greyhound -- the first of many, I am sure. I help out with Going Home Greyhounds in Pittsburgh as their social media manager. My husband and I have fostered once -- Windy Chet, now known as James Bond, who has found his forever home with the very lovely RMarie and her also lovely husband.

We're getting our second foster next week and are very excited about it.

I love all animals and have been a vegetarian for a little more than a year. We cook vegan at home, but are not strict when we go out to eat at restaurants or with friends/family.

I have worked in public relations in higher education for six years and am working on writing a collection of humor essays about how my childhood experiences and paranoid/overprotective mother have shaped my irrational fears. :sofa

If anyone would like to offer suggestions about food for my foster, I'd appreciate it. I'd like to feed her something similar to what she ate at the track and then let her forever family transition her to a higher quality food.

Thanks,

Amanda

Edited by Floofy
GjNXbWW.jpg

Lucas Larf Laserman, the greyhound formerly known as U Too Isaiah: 9/26/05 - 9/3/16 ~ Gotcha: 6/24/09

Zelda Zipper Honeybee, the greyhound formerly known as Lee Vonda: 8/26/04 - 8/19/18 ~ Gotcha: 12/7/14

Guest RMarie

HI AMANDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wave James' first mom!!! I can't believe I didn't recognize Luke from your pic on the Cute and Funny forum. It's probably because his bat ears weren't up!

Hi Amanda! I might know you, or at least have seen you. I've been with GHG for about 15 years now.

I think when the weather gets warmer, we should contact Alicia about a playdate. Where in Pgh. do you live?

And welcome to Greytalk!

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Hi and welcome...don't forget we need pictures!!!!

Thanks! I added an image to my signature and you can see another one here:

http://forum.greytalk.com/index.php/topic/296339-annoying-things-greyhounds-do/?p=5464610

Hello from north of Pittsburgh! We adopted four greyhounds from GHG--sadly, all are gone now. :(

Very sorry to hear of your losses. I can't even think about Luke crossing the bridge without getting teary. Why can't we keep them forever? :(

Hi Amanda! I might know you, or at least have seen you. I've been with GHG for about 15 years now.

I think when the weather gets warmer, we should contact Alicia about a playdate. Where in Pgh. do you live?

And welcome to Greytalk!

Hi there. I live in Forest Hills, which is east of Pittsburgh. You've probably seen me at one GHG event or another. A playdate sounds fun. :)

Welcome from Delaware.

Thank you :)

GjNXbWW.jpg

Lucas Larf Laserman, the greyhound formerly known as U Too Isaiah: 9/26/05 - 9/3/16 ~ Gotcha: 6/24/09

Zelda Zipper Honeybee, the greyhound formerly known as Lee Vonda: 8/26/04 - 8/19/18 ~ Gotcha: 12/7/14

Luke is very handsome...it sounds like he has a wonderful life with you.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

HI AMANDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wave James' first mom!!! I can't believe I didn't recognize Luke from your pic on the Cute and Funny forum. It's probably because his bat ears weren't up!

Hi Rachel, it's nice to "run into you" on here. I usually only hop on to Greytalk to research things like corns (poor boy still struggles with them). But I'll try to visit more often. Very funny stuff reading about all the quirks these lovely creatures have. GHG is having the annual bathathon in April at a groomer in Greenfield. If James needs a good spring cleaning, you should bring him down! More details are here: http://www.goinghomegreyhounds.org/node/1006

GjNXbWW.jpg

:wave Hello and welcome!

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest Ersct2000

Hello! I am from Pittsburgh too. I have 2 smaller versions Italian Greyhound. My beds not big enough for the larger. Lol love the these guys way too much ha never too much.