Interceptor Now Available, At Least In Canada

I did a quick Google search and although I was originally under the impression the Interceptor availability date was early 2013 it looks like there is no definitive date yet.

Does anyone have more precise information?

Is it possible to get Interceptor from another source (like Australia)?

I like this product a lot because it is so safe and in a decade or more (can't recall) of using it have never had any issue, so I am not very receptive to a change.

Thank you for any information that may help.

Apr 4 update:

My vet now has Interceptor in stock. Not in the size I need for the greyhounds, so one of the techs was going to check with their sister clinics to see if they had it. I got the impression there was an issue with ordering more and I will look into that when we are back this afternoon. I don't know if that has to do with limited supplies or with their ordering process. Certainly in the past they've been able to just order what I needed.

Edited by Rickiesmom

Guest Grhndad

You can't get Interceptor from Australia. It can't be imported from there. A few years ago that was where I got it but no longer. I switched to Heartgard Plus and get it from Australia.

True about Interceptor from AU - can't ship it to the U.S.

About 12 years ago I had a shipment of Heartgard Plus plus confiscated in AU customs because it contained beef baste. The shipper replaced it but there was some lag time. Since then for the most part I've used the AU version which has identical ingredients but isn't a beefy chewable.

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

Mary and I are in Canada though...Maybe they ship here :dunno I'll check when I have time. Wasn't there some caution about ordering online? I thought there were some horror stories.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

• 2 weeks later...

It should be back soon. Remember how Deramaxx was out of production for a while? Same production plant that was shut down for QA issues. They've started making Deramaxx and Interceptor again but it seems to be very slow to trickle out into the market.

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

• 2 weeks later...

My vet now has Interceptor in stock.

Not in the size I need for the greyhounds, so one of the techs was going to check with their sister clinics to see if they had it. I got the impression there was an issue with ordering more and I will look into that when we are back this afternoon. I don't know if that has to do with limited supplies or with their ordering process. Certainly in the past they've been able to just order what I needed.

well crap! It's official, Interceptor is not going to be made in the US.

Dear Valued Veterinary Partner:

Novartis Animal Health US, Inc. is happy to announce that Sentinel® (milbemycin oxime/lufenuron) Flavor Tabs® are back , and they 're at a price that is sure to delight you, your staff and your clients.

Effective today, all sizes of Sentinel Flavor Tabs are priced at nearly half of 2011 prices. These are not short-term promotional prices; they're here to stay.

Call Novartis Animal Health US, Inc. or your distribution sales representative today to save an additional 25% on your order (up to 20 displays).

w rm and flea reventive at these rices creates a new standard of care in the market. Therefore, we have discontinued production of Interceptor® (milbemycin oxime) Flavor Tabs® for the U.S. market.

.....-

Now, more pet owners can afford to provide year-round heartworm, intestinal parasite and flea protection to their dogs with Sentinel Flavor Tabs - at the 2011 Interceptor Flavor Tabs prices. We are offering broader spectrum protection than similarly priced heartworm medications and significant savings over comparable broad-spectrum products.

Thank you for your patience and commitment to Novartis Animal Health US, Inc. and the Sentinel Flavor Tabs brand. We apologize for the disruption we have caused you, your practice and your clients. We hope to earn back your trust­

and, to that end, have built significant inventories to support expected demand.

Again , if you have any questions, please call your Territory Manager or Novartis Animal Health US, Inc. Customer

Service at l-800-332-2761.

Kind regards,