Green Tripe Sticks -- Other Suppliers?

Guest Vers

Soooo... I'd like to know if there are other reputable suppliers out there for dried green tripe sticks -- not Bestbullysticks. I need to restock, and BBS's current stock is NOT what I'm looking for.

My hounds get a green tripe stick as their after-dinner snack every evening. It's one of the main things I give credit to for them not needing a dental since they've been home (my vet says, whatever you're doing for their teeth? It's magic!). I've ordered from Bestbullysticks for a few years now, and was never disappointed in the quality until now.

Now, part of this is my fault -- I ordered back in October well ahead of running out and just put the whole box in the freezer. On opening it last night, the tripe sticks are definitely different -- pale blonde, flat and brittle, not even recognizable as tripe. It's a couple months past the point where BBS customer service can authorize a return (I did call them), and the rep confirmed that their current stock is the blonde that I received. I was invited to keep calling them until they can confirm that they have a shipment of the original green in stock. Right. And to add insult to injury, Stella has completely liquid diarrhea today after having a "new" stick last night. Might be a coincidence, but I'm guessing it's not.

So that my sweet hounds don't have to go without one of their favorite things in the whole world, does anyone know of other good online stores that carry dried green tripe?

Guest grey_dreams

Hi Vers! Thanks for posting about Hare Today in another thread. I was looking for something like that :)

I used to always buy green tripe sticks in Netherlands, but haven't found them here (yet). My guys wouldn't eat the beige ones, they had to be the definite green ones. I see that the green tripe sticks at BestBullySticks are not labeled as to the manufacturer. PetFoodDirect has Bingo buffalo green tripe sticks. They are reported as range-fed, no chemicals, no preservatives.

My two love the tripe sticks as well. I ordered in november and again this month and got the green ones both times. With my January order, I ordered a few of the curly tripe sticks and did notice that those were light colored without the bumpy green stuff, but that is how they looked in the picture online. Sorry your babies have the nasty D :-(

Theresa (Tess)

Mom to Elliott (Sol Flasher) and Lea (PTL Lea)

I ordered from BBS last fall...Nov maybe. I ordered 6 bags, half were dark half were light (and feel oily). I called them and they told me that sometimes the tripe sticks are lighter. I don't think I'll be ordering from them again, either. Fortunately, neither of my two have any reaction other than drooling when they eat them.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Guest grey_dreams
I would think the change in color would be determined by the amount of undigested stuff in the stomach before the animal is butchered. Full belly = more grass/poop filler in there with the meat of the stomach.

In the sticks that I have experience with, the green ones are primarily the inner layer of the stomach (the rugae folds) that contains all the important enzymes and partially digested grass that are the nutritional benefits of green tripe. The beige/tan sticks had no rugae folds, and were probably sections of the outer stomach that were processed differently, and which lack the things that are nutritionally beneficial for dogs. Probably taste different too.

Thank you all for the input. After having my hounds follow me around sadly wanting their tripe sticks after dinner the past couple of nights, I finally had time today to dig around a bit deeper for another source. I just placed an order with Organic Bullies. Never heard of them before, but they have a 10/10 rating on reseller ratings, they're based in Ohio (and the tripe is from South America which I'm okay with), and they offer free shipping for orders over $50. Hopefully, this will prove to be a reliable source -- I'm really quite surprised that tripe sticks aren't more commonly available here in the US, especially in reasonable quantities.

Hello, grey_dreams -- so glad my other post was useful to you. Hopefully, you've also found raw suppliers closer to you? Your second post on this thread was really helpful (and now I know the pebbled texture of the dried tripe I'm looking for is from the "rugae folds" that there was no trace of on my last BBS order -- I learned something new!). I'll update here once I receive my order from the new company -- hopefully, it will the the type and quality I'm looking for and my dogs will relax after dinners again. They do love their little rituals like dessert, and I exist to serve :rolleyes: I'll also give the Bingo Buffalo tripe sticks a try next time I order from PFD.

seeh20 and TINMANPDX, BBS did tell me if you have a preference to the type of tripe that you can call to verify which they have in stock (brown/green rolls or the flat blonde), and they will (try?) to fill your order with your preference. BBS has also generously offered to allow a return on my last order, which I will be taking them up on -- a positive sign for their customer service that they extended that in my case.

Still open to other bulk sources, especially if my new order isn't what I hope it is or I need a back up in case a supplier is temporarily out of stock. My hounds have communicated very clearly that I am never allowed to run out of their dessert sticks again.

Dehydratedlivertreats.com has dried green tripe. They are based in Canada and unfortunately only ship to Canada. But, if you know someone in Canada maybe you can get it shipped there and sent to you. They are fabulous. Not cheap, but really good quality.

Dehydratedlivertreats.com looks like the old site for Nothing Added -- current site for anyone looking for them. I agree that the quality of their products is excellent, but when I got dried tripe from them a couple years ago, it was in bite-size pieces rather than sticks -- still good, but not quite what I'm looking for now. Their dehydrated duck feet were a huge hit, and I should pony up for some of those again if I'm hearing my hounds correctly :)

Dehydratedlivertreats.com looks like the old site for Nothing Added -- current site for anyone looking for them. I agree that the quality of their products is excellent, but when I got dried tripe from them a couple years ago, it was in bite-size pieces rather than sticks -- still good, but not quite what I'm looking for now. Their dehydrated duck feet were a huge hit, and I should pony up for some of those again if I'm hearing my hounds correctly :)

Thats it!, thanks. Some of the tripe comes in large pieces. I've never seen the sticks that this topic is about, so I wasn't sure, but I love this place. I wish they still shipped to the US. The rabbit ears, sardines, and especially the beef snouts and ox tails are great.

Edited by Sambuca

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update with positive news -- the order I placed with Organic Bullies arrived quickly, and the tripe sticks seem to be excellent quality, more standard in size (and noticeably less fatty) than what I was getting from BBS. Hounds have enjoyed them for four or five days now with no ill effects, just happy hounds. I'll definitely be ordering from them again -- very happy with the product and service.

As far as I can tell so far, each bag has about 12 sticks. They definitely have the delicious :puke tripe scent that the hounds go wild for. An average bag will last 6 days unless I'm weak and give them after breakfast, too. So, at the current price, 300 bucks a year, two hounds are happy and don't need dentals. Worth every single penny.

As far as I can tell so far, each bag has about 12 sticks. They definitely have the delicious :puke tripe scent that the hounds go wild for. An average bag will last 6 days unless I'm weak and give them after breakfast, too. So, at the current price, 300 bucks a year, two hounds are happy and don't need dentals. Worth every single penny.

I was going to ask what they smell like. Bully sticks make me gag. How does tripe compare. I am guessing not favorably. I suppose I can feed them outside. on nice days.

finalsiggy.jpg

awww....a topic about smelly stomach lining and how awesome it is...I love it! Seriously, not too many people will talk about this stuff with me!! :chow

And I'm going on Organic Bullies right now to look up their goods.

Edited by cdholl

Hello Ladies!

My name is Liz from Organic Bullies. I am writing to thank you for the site referral and feedback. We wanted to let everyone know that due to the overwhelming demand our Green Tripe is temporarily out.

We are currently working with our manufacturer to bring more supply in within the next couple of weeks please check back with us then.

Thank you again for the feedback on our products!

Have a Great Day,

Liz

Chief Purchasing Officer

The Organic Bullies Team

You might also contact Dena at discount pet direct on e-bay.

http://myworld.ebay.com/discountpetdirect/

Generally if she doesn't have it she'll get it for you. Her customer service is fantastic and has been for 10+ years. 100% seller rating after 20,000 reviews is not too shabby.

Edited by Hubcitypam
gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

Oh no!!I just ordered 3 bags last night! Now I have to wait to smell that heavenly aroma everyone's talking about!

I also just ordered three bags. :(

"Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the day comes God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man."

Persian Proverb

I ordered two bags a couple of days ago and just received a phone call and an email saying that they were out of stock and that it would be a long time before the supply was replenished. I got a refund and a $10 store credit. I guess all us GT'ers bought them out!

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

First, it's probably mostly my fault that Organic Bullies sold out so quickly :blush -- I reordered after I got my first order because I was so happy to find a good source, the sticks keep well in the freezer and my hounds told me to... I'm surprised and pleased to now know others (cdholl, greydreams and others!) who seek these treats out. If anyone ordered after they went out and they're not restocked soon, I apologize, pm me and I'll try to share as much as Simba and Stella will let me. I didn't mean to be selfish -- until people commented here, I was the only person I knew who gave these as treats.

AEB and others, the smell of dried tripe isn't a hundredth that raw green tripe has, and the chews don't last long at least with greyhounds -- and the odor doesn't linger. If you're put off by the smell of regular bullysticks that last for hours or days of chewing, dried tripe should have much less impact. Also, try the low or no-odor bullysticks -- dogs still love them, but the smell to humans is a whole lot less. I feed both indoors, no problems, just wash your hands after giving them out...

Liz of Organic Bullies, hello! I found your company through a desperate Google search (random first-time customer, no affiliation). I was very happy with the quality of the product and the quick delivery -- thank you for both. I'm also glad you joined here to give us an update -- I hope you can update again once the dried green tripe is back in stock? My hounds would be delighted if I became one of your best customers :) and it looks like you might even have some new customers from my hounds' recommendation.

S+S had tripe dessert sticks after dinner tonight, and they're not pacing but back to their usual evening routine of a post-dinner nap before last walks and then sleep. When my hounds are happy, I'm happy :) They've both made it very clear that tripe sticks are an item I am never to run out of again (hence the early re-order).

Edited by Vers

First, it's probably mostly my fault that Organic Bullies sold out so quickly :blush -- I reordered after I got my first order because I was so happy to find a good source, the sticks keep well in the freezer and my hounds told me to... I'm surprised and pleased to now know others (cdholl, greydreams and others!) who seek these treats out. If anyone ordered after they went out and they're not restocked soon, I apologize, pm me and I'll try to share as much as Simba and Stella will let me. I didn't mean to be selfish -- until people commented here, I was the only person I knew who gave these as treats.

Not to worry Vers...you know that when the hounds speak the hoomans must obey! :hehe

Liz of Organic Bullies, hello! I found your company through a desperate Google search (random first-time customer, no affiliation). I was very happy with the quality of the product and the quick delivery -- thank you for both. I'm also glad you joined here to give us an update -- I hope you can update again once the dried green tripe is back in stock? My hounds would be delighted if I became one of your best customers :) and it looks like you might even have some new customers from my hounds' recommendation.

Oh, yes, please Liz...do let us GT'ers know when you've restock. I am hooked on your web-site, the products and the super-service. :yay

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".