Salmon Oil

Guest kar

Guest wylie_coyote

We do we get the pump bottle of Grizzle Salmon Oil 32 fl/oz. We get it from KV supplies may not be the cheapest but we order vet wrap etc from them so 1 stop shopping.

http://www.kvsupply.com/KVVet/productr.asp?pf_id=47067&gift=False&0=product_family.asp%2Cfamily_id%3D667%26Tree%3D%2CGrizzly%20Salmon%20Oil&HSLB=False&mscssid=0D405D90C832E4208B1453F985FA46BD#.UQB0Zejrk3o

The pups get it several times a week in their kibble. We feed raw mainly but they still get kibble too.

I'm glad you asked this question! I started giving fish oil pills a few days ago. They're just a generic brand from Wal-Mart that we had sitting around the house. The ingredients and dosage was really close to the "dog" fish oil capsules I found online. Both dogs started having gas. I wonder, is that normal?

Guest widowcali

If I remember, and it's on sale, I give them Grizzly Salmon. But more often than not, I just split a tin of boneless/skinless sardines between the four dogs once a week or so.

I give Grizzly Salmon Oil as well. I have tried a lot but really like this product because of the pump, as well as its wild salmon, and it has the nice orange colour that is apparently good in salmon oil. It is an awesome supplement, so many studies on the benefits of Omega 3's :)

:nod greyhound gang - Salmon oil!

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

You have to be careful about salmon oil, not that many are tested free of toxins. I use Icelandic Pure, which is. I also tend to use the sardine/anchovy oil to be on the safe side although I occasionally buy the salmon instead to change things up (the salmon is also cheaper). You can generally find it for a good price on Amazon or through Entirely Pets although I'm on their mailing list and this doesn't happen often, but they recently had a sale that was dirt cheap. Of course, I went to buy it immediately but the sale hadn't quite started and then promptly forgot so I missed it. :angry:

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Guest DeniseL

I have used Welactin, it is what was recommended by my vet. But recently I decided to try Grizzly. works great for my girl, but I believe it contributed to my boy's Big D, so I stopped it for him.