Filling A Prescription For Amicar

Nadir is going to have his teeth cleaned and have a corn surgically removed on the 18th of December. I want to have Amicar on hand in the event of any tooth extractions that may be necessary. I'm having trouble though finding local pharmacies that carry it. My vet can get it, but he would have to order a 100 count bottle at a price of $200+. Those who have used Amicar, where did you have your prescription filled?

My vet ordered it in for us but we didn't have to pay for the 100 pill minimum - he sees plenty of other GH as well.

Can your vet call affiliated vets to see if they will fill a smaller script for you?

Hugs to Nadir - we'll be thinking of him come mid Dec!

Doe's Bruciebaby Doe's Bumper

Derek

Follow my Ironman journeys and life with dogs, cats and busy kids: A long road

Guest MorganKonaAlex

When Demon needed it, we had to find it ASAP and not wait for an order. I called every local pharmacy I could and finally found one with it in stock.

Check with hospital pharmacies. Amicar is used on humans post-op, too.

P.S. Also check with Auburn. The vet school does surgeries on dogs--and on greyhounds, too.

Edited by KF_in_Georgia

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Costco carries it too

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Got mine at Target's pharmacy :nod

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--