Carecredit?

Guest kkaiser104

Guest kkaiser104

Just wondering who uses a carecredit card? I just applied and was approved for a low-ish credit limit ($800), but since I'm still very young that's what I expected. In fact, I'm impressed I got what I did and am just greytful to have a little peace of mind. I was just wondering how you use your card and if you've found the company good to work with?

Because of the high interest after the promotional period I only use it if I'm absolutely sure I can pay it off within that time period.

Something to remember is that it is the facility accepting CareCredit that sets the length of time you have on the promotional period not CareCredit.

As others have said watch the promotional period and make sure you pay it off before then, the credit charge can jump to as high as 28% for the entire amount owed, not just what you still owe. When I have used it, mainly for my dental work, I divided the amount owed by the number of months in the promo period and wrote the amount due /mo and the date it was to be paid off by in a back section of my checkbook. Also remember that each time you use it that it can be a different promo period and due date.

gallery_13728_3197_7131.jpg

Charla, Mom to Carl ( Bella Monsoon ) 5/2002 - 9/2016 and remembering Gracie Rose ( Cee Bar Xtreme ) 2/2002 - 1/2014

Guest LittleGreys

I use it occasionally for my pets vet bills. I work in a vet hospital and we take it there. The facility sets the promo period. My office does interest free for 6 months for any amount up to $300. Over $300 is interest free for 6, 12 or 18 months. I, myself, always pick the 18 months just to be on the safe side, but always make sure I have it paid off ahead of time. I have never had any problems. As long as you are good about your credit and paying bills on time, I would highly recommend it.

Ditto what's already been said. We used it for Macho and knew going into it that we'd have to paybit off before the promo period, but it was still a nice option to have.

Mom to Macho (JS XtremeMachine 1/12/2007 -8/17/2012 ... Gotcha day 9/2/2011. I miss you BigMan)
Moonbeam (Ninos Full Moon 11/1/2009, Gotcha day 9/2/2012), Hattie (Kiowa Hats Off 4/14/2011, Gotcha day 10/13/2012), Keiva (JS Igotyourbooty 1/12/2007, Gotcha Day 1/8/2014)
Jimmy (Blu Too James 06/26/2014, Gotcha day 09/12/2015)
, a shepard mix named Tista, some cats, and some reptiles.

I love Care Credit. I use it for both the small animal and equine vets. Both practices I use always give me the six months for 0%. I take my balance, divide by 5 (to ensure I get it paid off before the promo period ends) and then schedule my payments online. It has been a huge help for my vet bills.

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

Guest KennelMom

Love our Care Credit card! I always put vet expenses on it to get the $ interest free for 3-18 months depending on the amount. It's usually 6 months. I always pay it off before the promo is over and the website makes it really easy to see what's owed and when it expires.

Guest snoopycomehome

I have used it twice in 5 years...once for e-vet and once for emergency dental. Both times I paid it off quickly so no interest. I don't like credit cards, but they are helpful at times (renting cars, hotels, etc...and unexpected issues such as vet care or needing a new appliance). I have never had any issues with CareCredit.

So let me make sure I understand this correctly...

1. The vet practice sets the promotion period at 0%

2. You can only use this at Vet offices

Would it be wise to set up an account before an emergency, or apply and get a care card now to be prepared?

------

Jessica

Guest KennelMom

So let me make sure I understand this correctly...

1. The vet practice sets the promotion period at 0%

2. You can only use this at Vet offices

Would it be wise to set up an account before an emergency, or apply and get a care card now to be prepared?

I'm not 100% sure if the promo period is determined by the amount or the practice or some combo of both. It seems like at my regular vet, the promo period is 3 months for $100 or less and 6 months for everything else. We just used it recently at the e-vet and it's 18 months (the bill was $900...and we don't typically have a bill that high at our regular vet).

You can use it at a lot more than just vet's offices. You can also use it for human medical expenses as well (we never have, but you can).

We got ours during an e-vet visit, but I'd get it before you need it "just in case." So you know what your limit will be, etc. Plus, you can use it for routine stuff as well and just pay it off over the promo period.

Edited by KennelMom

Thanks! Sounds like I should probably sign up for this. I was told not to apply for any more credit until I get approved for a mortgage, but this will be the first thing I do once I buy a house. I have an emergency fund for all of us, but an little extra assurance on a CC with interest free stuff would be helpful

------

Jessica

Yes, Jessica, don't do this until your home financing is settled. But know that you can apply on line and probably be approved right then--while you wait. (I went online after 3 days of paying ER bills from my pocket, got approved that night, and paid day 4 with Care Credit. I didn't even speak with a person! Just put in numbers on the computer, got an answer back--at 3 am.) You tell them how much you want to be approved for (I said $5000); I'm not sure what happens if they think you're going too high.

It works for vision care and dental care and other medical stuff for people as long as your optometrist, dentist, etc., accepts the card. It's great for tiding you over until your own insurance can reimburse you--or until you can make more sensible financial arrangements during daylight banking hours (rather than 3am on a Monday morning).

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)