Mystery Sore? What Is It? Update**

Guest snowmo18

Guest snowmo18

What is it?

raiderspot.jpg

ok Raider has had this sore for awhile now..months maybe..but just mostly the dark spot which is a scab that isnt just on the surface of the skin but appears to be a little deeper..almost like a bad dirty pore. I just noticed today that it had spread into a larger spot..bruise almost looking. No this is not his nipple..not even close to where it should be..and once and awhile it bleeds like it was nicked

so any suggestions? Doesnt seem to bother him at all..doesnt try to lick it..and has no other spots on his body

UPDATE.. Ok so Vet is thinking Hemangioma..she has only seen 1 other dog with same looking sore and thats what it was, but shes not completely rulling out something nasty, so he has a biopsy scheduled a week from Monday when I have off on Columbas Day and can be with Polly (she gets bad anxiety by herself)

..so for me I really dont feel much better about it until we get the tests back which is 7 days after the biopsy..so 2 weeks in total until I find out...

side note...our first greyhound Apollo had a positive diagnosis of a "slipped disk" at age 4 2 years ago....he went in for an MRI before surgery, and we got the devastating call that he had inoperable spinal cancer and we lost him 3 days later...so I get in panic mode pretty easy...ugh worst feeling ever.

Edited by snowmo18

Best to ask your vet. I don't like that it bleeds. If it is enlarging and especially if it is changing shape or color then the vet may need to biopsy and remove it. May just be a sebaceous cyst. Have it checked out.

:nod

No need for an Emergency visit, but I'd get it checked out.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

That looks exactly like a couple that Peanut got. She had a hemangioma removed from her toe, but a few months later had something that looked exactly like that on her belly. It disapeared on it's own, but then she got another one a few months later. If that's what it is, they bleed like crazy if they are accidently scratched open, just sayin'...

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Our 7 year old boy, Ian, gets these frequently. Some are black and scabby and others look like blood blisters. They are slightly smaller than a pea and just look like they are full of blood. We have had 2 of the red ones removed and they have been benign hemangiomas. the black ones usually just fall off like a scab. Try not to worry too much. I noticed your dog is at least partly white. Ian is white with brindle patches. Our vet said that he sees this more with lighter colored dogs. Try not to worry too much. Ian's look just like what you posted. I will try to find a picture to post.

Lisa

Lisa & Chris with Bella and Little Petey

~Our sweet Ian forever in our hearts~