Cytoxan

4My2Greys

We had ours compounded by Holley Phamaceuticals in AZ. I'm sorry, but I don't remember the exact price. It seems to me that we paid around $30 for a month (or maybe that was 3 months).

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Nube was on 25mg every other day and we just got it at the vets. I think it was like $36 for 8 doses. The Palladia they added (and he only had 2 doses) was close to $500 for 8 doses :o

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Pinky is on 9mg every day. Ours comes from 5 Star Pharmacy in Des Moines, IA. SUPER nice people to deal with and they ship really fast too :)

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

I don't remember exactly, only that his dosage was calculated for his exact body weight. So it must have been around 18-20 mgs, every other day. Holley was the pharmacy that OSU recommended. They were very nice and very fast, and also had online access to reorder.

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Also try Roadrunner and wedgewood pharmacy. I have been very happy with SBH---very professional and super polite. OSU had recommended them--I order the leukeran and they overnight it for me-customer service has been A+. As far as their pricing I'm sure they are comparable however, I value customer service pretty highly--I would pay a bit more to know my chemo was professional handled and my orders were filled promptly. I have heard positive feedback about Holley too.

Keep us posted :-)

Chris, I couldn't find a Holley Pharmaceuticals in AZ, the only I found online was the one in California where I get the artemisinin from. Is this the one your talking referring to? If not, would you still have their contact information?

Tracey, thanks for the additional leads. I do agree about the customer service and being able to trust that it was compounded professionally are very important. I will definitely keep that in mind.

Huh. Could have sworn they were in AZ. But there's only one, I think. The website isn't loading for me right now for some reason.

holleypharma.com

I know I'm late to the game here... I love SBH. Of course I can go in and pick it up from them. OSU did recommend them. They would always love it when I brought Joe into see them. They have a wall with all of the pictures of their patients (canine).

I know none of the above is that important. On the important side, they have all of the appropriate equipment to compound properly. I had gotten the cytoxan from a compounding pharmacy close to OSU. I called around and found that SBH was cheaper. I checked with OSU and they said that SBH is also one that they recommend. When I picked up the capsules, I noticed that they were less than half the size for the same amount of drug. When I commented on it, they said that although it is trickier to deal with the smaller capsule, they like to put everything in the smallest capsule they can because it makes it much easier to administer the drug -- especially if the dog has to be "pilled".

Joe was only getting 10 mg. But I believe that most of the cost is in the labor. I think I paid $44 for 30 pills (10 weeks). I did notice that when they gave me a prescription for just 12 pills, the price was $38. So there is apparently a significant set up charge. You might want to call them and ask for price breaks before your vet writes the script. Also, in Ohio you have to pay sales tax on dog medications. The prices I quoted above are without sales tax. I would think that if you live outside of Ohio, you wouldn't be required to pay it. Note that the prices are to the best of my recollection 10 months later.

http://www.sbhmed.com/

I should mention that it does take them 24 to 48 hours to compound the medicine. This was similar to the other compounding pharmacy that I tried.

Jane

Jane, thank you for your comments and sharing your experience with SBH. Its good to know that OSU recommends them. Tracey also spoke very well of them. My vet and I called the different pharmacies and it seems that SBH does have the best price. He's going to write me a script so that I can just order it myself.