Hello From London, Uk

Guest ChrisRey

Guest ChrisRey

One year on from getting our first greyhound - Gabby, we chipped & added Patrick to the pack.

Loughbeag Mower (AKA - Patrick), born in Ireland 2007 & had quite a good but short career. 34 races, 9 wins & 4 seconds.

Moved over to Hove in the UK for a year to race until he was retired.

He spent 10 months in a retired Greyhound Trust kennel where we met him, and after walking him a few times, decided to take the plunge and take him into the fold.

Patrick has been with us for a month now - had his first holiday & is slowly finding out the joys of being a pet.

Below are a few pics of my handsome boy!

I think he has settled in with my girl Gabby quite well!

Patrickonpatio.jpgPatrickGabbyshareabed2.jpg

BWPatrickheadResized.jpgPatrickGabbyshareabed.jpg

Welcome from a Londoner transplanted to Maine! :wave

Patrick and Gabby are beautiful :heart

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

They are both so adorable...I love cuddlers :wub:

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest ChrisRey

Welcome, your pups are beautiful ! They really seem to be bonded already. :welcome2

Not sure they have bonded yet as Gabby had a growl at Patrick as he got on the bed. I think is more a case of both of them being stubborn!

Thanks for the welcome everybody (been on here before with Gabbys introduction a while back).

As i know you all like seeing photos i will post more at a later date. :D

Guest Jacks_Human

Patrick is a cutie. And he seems to have figured out that his packmate can double as a pillow!

My boy Jack is also an Irish hound (we're up in the northern wilderness of Glasgow :P)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ChrisRey

Hi, just an update on Patrick.

Two months on & he is getting on famously with our girl Gabby, a couple of minor space issues in the car, but otherwise well behaved,

Took him to our local enclosure a month back for an off leash run & found he still has quite a high prey drive - well, the owner who brought in their small white fluffy without thinking soon got the message, (once we saw this he was muzzled so he could continue his run).

Last weekend our local training club had an open dog show to raise money for cancer research, must of been over 100 dogs in attendance - we entered the following....

Gabby - Beautiful bitch over 3 years - placed 4th.

Gabby - Best re-homed bitch - placed 4th.

Patrick, as boys will felt he had to go better..

Patrick - Handsome dog over 3 years - placed 2nd.

Patrick - Best re-homed dog - placed 1st!

Well talk about surprised - thought Gabby would do well, but never thought my boy would show so well after 2 months.

As any proud parent would - i will add pictures once i've sorted out the camera.

Thanks for following!

That is so cool...4th place is excellent too! Congratulations on both 1st and 4th. Of course they are both 1st in your heart.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross