Gabapentin

62 pound Bee Wiseman took 300mg of Gabapentin three times a day. (She also took Tramadol and Deramaxx with the Gabapentin.)

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

Get the 100mg capsules so you can build up over several days. (If you get the 300mg dose, it's hard--or impossible--to split.) Expect it to take a couple of days to get to full strength, and don't give up too soon. But don't start with a large enough dose to make him wobbly.

You can fill a prescription for gabapentin at people drug stores--Walgreen's, etc.

Edited by KF_in_Georgia

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Guest MnMDogs

When my vet calculated the max dose for Mork based on his weight (~80), she said 300 mg. But i have seen on here folks going up to 400 for their greys (who I think are no larger than Mork).

ETA - 300 mg, 3x/day

Edited by MnMDogs

Guest snakes

My 78lb boy gets 200mg/three times a day, vet said we could go as high as a total of 2400mg for the whole day, after that the effectiveness isn't any greater. It was more a concern of what he can tolerate without being wobbly or sedated.

This is also in the palliative care of osteo.

Guest bernadette

Vinnies neurologist originally prescribed 300mg twice a day, I took it upon myself to change to 200 every 8 hours. She did explain that initial 'wonkiness' is not unusual or cause for alarm as they adjust to the med and dose over a few days.