Hello From The Uk!

Guest AceyGrey

Guest AceyGrey

Hello everyone,

Just a quick post to introduce myself and my lovely boy.

I have recently adopted the gorgeous Ace (racing name Kilmagner Jeff) a beautiful snowflake greyhound, a big softie with a cheeky side.

Ace is 3 years old, in fact he turned three the day before we adopted him, he only ran 13 races (winning once and coming 2nd four times)

His father, however, is the prolific Westmead Hawk.

I'll no doubt be calling upon some of you for advice in the future and am excited to interact with fellow greyhound fans.

I'd love to start adding some pictures of him for you all to see, so any advice on using the site will also be appreciated.

Bye for now :)

Helloooo! Ace sounds beautiful! Oddly, I have a black hound called Jeffie who is turning into a snowflake with age! He has several white spots developing along his back! I love the snowflakes.

The best way to add pictures is to get an account with one of the online picture storage sites - I use Photobucket. Then you can hotlink the photos directly from there. :)

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

:welcome Ace sounds quite wondferful and I'm sure people will be looking forward to seeing photos!

As already mentioned, you can insert photos after they are posted to a photo sharing website like Photobucket. You can even use PBase.com as I do but you need to add .jpg at the end of the URL. It will work from Flikr.com too. And of course you can just post a direct link to a photo gallery if you don't need a photo to display directly. Don't worry, I still haven't worked out how to post a small enough signature set of photos from Photoshop CS.

You'll find loads and loads of Greyt information on here and make a good number of friends. Just imagine if you can get a group of local greyhound owners together for meet and greets. It's not really 'stalking' to go up and talk to other greyhound people when you see them out walking their dogs.

Guest AceyGrey

Thanks for your replies guys, I've just set up my Photobucket account and am attempting to add pictures of my lovely boy who I hope you'll think is as beautiful as I do.

Which link should I copy to post an image?

Edited by AceyGrey

Which link to copy?

Select the photo you are viewing and want to share then grab it's individual URL. I can do it from PBase by just slecting the link at the top of the active browser. Flikr has a grab URL tab.... not sure about Photobucket but people say it's easy.

email me at imagseeratyahoo.co.uk if you're stuck. (change the at to @ ... )

Guest OurIndy

Welcome from Massachusetts!

Oh my goodness! He's a stunner! Congratulations to both you and Ace, I look forward to LOTS more pictures of your beautiful boy!

- Mimi

Wow, he's a really handsome and unique looking grey. Welcome from Ontario

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest AceyGrey

Thank you for your lovely comments everyone.

Yes Moofie, he is from Hall Green, his name was Geoffrey whilst there. I could never imagine shouting "Geoffrey walkies" so he became Ace aha!

They were amazingly helpful and lovely from Day One though, the volunteers are amazing!

Edited by AceyGrey

Yes Moofie, he is from Hall Green, his name was Geoffrey whilst there. I could never imagine shouting "Geoffrey walkies" so he became Ace aha!

Haha! We call 'Jeffie' or 'Jeffers'! Funniest thing though is when we go to see one particular vet who is a greyhound guy, and his name is Geoff. I'm standing there crooning 'There's a good boy Jeff, it's OK sweetheart. What a good boy you are, well done Jeffers!' etc, and it feels very peculiar. If they don't know the dog's name, what the staff must imagine outside the room listening, I hate to think! :lol

Your boy Ace is stunningly beautiful. What a very unusually spotty snowflake he is! Just gorgeous. :wub:

Hello fellow Instagrammer! I am glad you joined GreyTalk... Welcome!

You quickly figured out how to post pictures of your handsome "star-studded" Ace on this forum, too!

I look forward to learning more about him - his cheekiness - and how he continues to settle in to his new retirement.

Again, welcome!

ETA: as i mentioned on IG, here is that discussion on GT several weeks ago about snowflake GHs, in case you didn't see it yet... http://forum.greytalk.com/index.php/topic/288811-unusual-color/page__st__20__hl__snowflake#entry5298935

:gh_bow

Edited by Greydawg

Cheryl - "Mom" to RUNNER (Gunnah, born 6/15/2012) and FARGO (Ridin Shotgun, born 8/21/2015). Missing my Grey-Angels HEISMAN (RX Heisman) (3/29/2005-2/1/2016) and ALEX (Bevenly) (4/15/2005-6/7/2018).

Welcome to GT! He's just beautiful! There was a thread on her a few weeks ago about the snowflake greys with several pictures. Until that time I had never seen one.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest AceyGrey

Thanks for your lovely comments guys. I'm going to post a picture of my boy on the discussion of the unusual colour, although the boys and girls who are already on there give him a run for his money in terms of speckles/spots/splatter.

Also Silverfish, that is the situation I longed to avoid. Shouting Geoffrey in the park and lots of men turning around.

d to avoid. Shouting Geoffrey in the park and lots of men turning around.

Hahaha! I know someone who'd think that a distinct advantage, as long as they were rich, single men who loved greyhounds. :lol

Edited by silverfish

Thank you for your lovely comments everyone.

They were amazingly helpful and lovely from Day One though, the volunteers are amazing!

I love checking out available hounds online even though i'm not looking to add :blush . Ace is a good name and he doesn't really seem a Geoffrey. I'm glad the adoption went well and Its good to know what experiences people have with different groups. Are you going to the Great Greyhound Gathering next month?

d to avoid. Shouting Geoffrey in the park and lots of men turning around.

Hahaha! I know someone who'd think that a distinct advantage, as long as they were rich, single men who loved greyhounds. :lol

:lol: that wouldn't be my luck!

I hope you post lots of pictures of your beautiful guy. I don't think I could ever get enough of admiring his beautiful snowflakes.

Qui me amat, amet et canes meas...et felem.

Olivia (RDs Merrygoround, b. 4/6/07, Gotcha 12/19/11

Chloe (PAR Candice, b. 5/22/08, Gotcha 12/18/12)