Great Source For Treats, Made In The Usa!

Guest Energy11

Guest Energy11

It is getting harder and harder to find treats that are made in the USA, and treats that won't make your pets sick.

We found a greyt place, called Preen Pets. They are out of Long Island, NY, and they make sweet potatoe rawhide, which we highly recommend, chicken jerky, bully sticks, and more! http://www.preenpets.com/

We have tried both the sweet potatoe rawhide (*all five love it), and the chicken jerky, which they are crazy for!

Hope you give this place a try. Oh, I think they are reasonable, too, in addition to being healthy and yummy for the tummy :)

Cool! Thanks.

If you haven't tried them, Rocket and Lexie highly reccommend Grizzly Salmon Treats!

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

This website has an entire "Made in the USA" category - http://www.bestbullysticks.com/

Our girls love the Zukes Mini Naturals and Plato Thinkers.

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

{sigh} not to throw a damper on this thread but ... made in USA doesn't mean that the ingredients came from the USA - they could come from countries that have questionable practices with food like china. "Made in USA/Manufactured in USA" just means that the final assembly process occurred in the USA. The ingredients could also come from the states but, manufacturers could ship them overseas for processing and then they come back for assembly (happens with processed chicken products for "people")

With Globilization, the vendor chains have gotten huge and many times the final assembler of the product just doesn't know the origins of each and every ingredient and it's processing history before it reaches the point of assembly. Most cases, assemblers rely on the "good faith and practices" of the companies they are dealing with and if something does happen, they just point the finger at the previous vendor in the line.

My dogs rarely get these type of treats anymore - it's just not worth it ...

Edited by MaryJane

Guest bluefawn

I give mine mostly chicken feet and baby carrots. They love apple and orange slices once in a while, too, and an occasional nice piece of cheese. I am tired of all the arguing about where treats are made and which ones are safe. Penny is 14 1/2 and has eaten Waggin Train chicken jerky all her life, and she is perfectly healthy (just had a checkup and blood work, which my vet says is "perfect"). My other greys all ate it too, with no problems. I can't afford it right now. But I agree that you really need to check to see if the manufacturer knows the origin of the meat and read the ingredients list. (No need to post replies about the WT and I'm not trying to start anything here) :flip

EDIT: Just visited Preen Pets on Facebook and found this answer from Preen to someone who asked a question about their chicken jerky:

"Hi Matthew! We understand ur concerns abt chicken jerky manufacturered in China. While we have never had a complaint or report of tainted product from our suppliers, we do carry product from Brazil, Uruguay, Argentina, China and the USA. The Chicken jerky product originated in China. We hold our product to the highest standards but with that said we want our consumers to feel comfortable and safe with our product.

Michele Chayet

Preenpets"

Edited by bluefawn

• 3 weeks later...
Guest greygirls2

Me too....I make chicken, beef and turkey jerky, ground chicken, ground turkeys, ground beef patties, liver slices and sweet potato slices all in the dehydrator........they love them and I know what's in them. I figure the cost of the dehydrator has been paid for several times over now.

Guest reneern120

i think it would be a great idea to made my own jerky. where is the best place to buy a dehydrator and how much do they cost?