Happy 12Th Birthday, Anna!

duncan41

The house has been ssooo quiet since January 2nd. I hope you were waiting for kitty cat Frank when he crossed The Bridge last month. You and he brought sssooo much life, noise, joy and your own brand of love and enthusiasm to this house and everything you did.

Today we would have been celebrating your big #12, Anna! I was sure you were the one who would make it, but the evil C had other plans. I saw the can of whippie cream on the door of the refrigerator this morning. Darned allergies! How could a can of whippie cream make me cry???

You kept us on our toes for 3-1/2 years; made us re-think everything we did, every move we made. We had to lock the door going out to the garage every time we left the house because one slap of your paw on the door handle and it would be a jail break! No matter if we just walked next door or drove away; that door had better be locked!

I don't know how many times I didn't think I would make it across the kitchen with your food bowl - I just wasn't a talented waitress! I could only carry two bowls at a time. I served two and then "ran" back into the kitchen to grab your bowl to make a mad dash into the dining room to your feeding stand while trying not be knocked over by your leaping and prancing trying to get there first! FOOD! FOOD! FOOD! I'M GOING TO HAVE SOME FOOD!

"They're HOME! THEY'RE home! THEY'RE HOME!" at the top of your lungs greeted us each time we drove up to the house! Daddy's favorite saying when we turned the corner of our street was, "Do you think we can sneak up on Anna?" We laughed every time, knowing full well that we never would!

The sound of metal-on-metal leashes and collars was met with a mad dash toward the sound - 72 pounds leaping, whimpering, jumping, chattering as if you were saying, "WALK! WE'RE GOING FOR A WALK? REALLY?? HOORAY! HOORAY! WE'RE GOING FOR A WALK!" even if it was the tenth time that day! Our only defense was to put your collar and leash on FIRST, so that you would settle down before you knocked one of us down. You always led the parade down the street; head held high, eyes bright, head turning from side to side, taking in everything, ears standing on end, except for the very tip-tops that bobbed with every step. That cute little scoot 'n shuffle you did with your back feet not only gave your butt the cutest little wiggle, but ground down your nails so that I never had to trim them!

You were a champion chatterer - loud and fast - there was never mistaking that message! Do you want to go out? Do you want to eat? Do you want a cookie? Do you want a piece of orange? Do you want to go for a walk? Do you want to go for a ride? Chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter! Happy, happy, happy! Yes, yes, YES! Last year you started "talking" to us - out of the blue you would stand up and look us in the eye and have at it. At first it was just a couple of roos, but as time passed, it became measured and deliberate as if you wanted to be sure that you had your say. We would encourage you which led to some very interesting "conversations" - you would roo and we would speak and you would respond, making each exchange a little longer. While we didn't understand your words, we certainly will never forget the message.

You were the one who created the "sand pits" at both sides of the yard - run around the pool, do a little leap and stop on a dime! Flip around, run around the pool, leap into the pit and stop on a dime. Run, run, leap, flip, run, run, leap, flip! I don't know how many loads of sand Daddy had to bring in his pick up, shovel by hand into a wheelbarrow to fill the craters you created! Last fall, I remember watching you run and thinking "When your time on this earth comes to an end, I hope it's in mid-stride." Everyone should experience that kind of unbridled joy you exuded by the simple act of running back and forth in our yard.

Your head shake was the most endearing thing I have ever seen. Every evening, as the last dog came in from their after dinner yard patrol, you would be waiting for me, a big smile on your face and then it would start - the three-in-a-row "no-no-no" head shake over and over that meant, "YES! YES! YES! COOKIE TIME!!"

I will always love you and miss you, my big, goofy girl. I hope you celebrated today with cookies, oranges and whippie cream!

post-16941-0-66077900-1337553031_thumb.jpg

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Happy B-day Anna.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I'm so sorry your girl can't be with you in person on this special day.

Happy Birthday over the Rainbow, joyful girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.