Success!

Guest starbuck

Guest starbuck

Finally got Starbuck to sit on command! (Though she does it in a goofy sort of way.) Now we just need her to sit and stay, and to sit on smooth surfaces like the laminate.

g2kO3l.jpg

Beautiful! "10" :colgate

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Guest starbuck

YAY!!! That's my gorgeous former foster :)

Oh and now you can tell that trainer 'yep, greyhounds really DO sit' :lol :lol

I know, right? Her last class is on Monday, and I want her to show up and actually sit down; however, I'm not sure she'll do it on the slick floor. I was trying to start teaching it outside today, but uh...well, you can look at the window.

Also, your gorgeous former foster destroyed her crate pad last night. >:|

And thanks everyone!

Edited by starbuck

Oh and now you can tell that trainer 'yep, greyhounds really DO sit' :lol :lol

I know, right? Her last class is on Monday, and I want her to show up and actually sit down; however, I'm not sure she'll do it on the slick floor. I was trying to start teaching it outside today, but uh...well, you can look at the window.

Also, your gorgeous former foster destroyed her crate pad last night. >:|

And thanks everyone!

I tried telling you that she's not innocent! She is the one who took everything out of my bathroom trash can twice and conveniently left it strewn throughout my hallway...and tried eating some of it too :blink: :blink: She is the reason I now have a covered bathroom trashcan! My 2 never touched it.

Wait til she starts barking at strangers as they walk past your house...she was giving you a honeymoon period the last couple of months :P

Edited by kolarik1

greytalk signature 2020.jpg

Marble, Noah, Eden, Raya (red heeler), Cooper & Trooper (naughty kittens)

Missing my bridge angels: Pop, Zelda, Mousey & Carmel

Any particular reason 'why' she has to be able to sit and stay on laminate?!?

My guys all sit quite nicely, but they hate to do it on slippery flooring.... and there is really no reason they have to.

Even our Therapy Dog Program tests do not ask them to sit.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Guest starbuck

My guys all sit quite nicely, but they hate to do it on slippery flooring.... and there is really no reason they have to.

Mostly because we have a lot of laminate in our house and we'll likely be getting more in the future. She obviously doesn't have to, but I'd like to know that she can/will.

Edited by starbuck

Guest IHeartDogs

Awesome! What a pretty AND smart girl.

Perhaps you could provide a small nonslip rug/pad for her on the laminate at home and at the training facility so it gives her some confidence to not slip around? Then maybe progress to no rug/pad?

Guest starbuck

Awesome! What a pretty AND smart girl.

Perhaps you could provide a small nonslip rug/pad for her on the laminate at home and at the training facility so it gives her some confidence to not slip around? Then maybe progress to no rug/pad?

That's the idea! Thanks.

Mostly because we have a lot of laminate in our house and we'll likely be getting more in the future. She obviously doesn't have to, but I'd like to know that she can/will.

Ohh....

I thought perhaps it was for some sort of testing she was doing. Some TD or Good Citizen tests require they do it.

So...yes!

Get a couple of pieces of rubber backed carpet to take to school.

Nigel took the longest time to learn to sit, and even now if we're in the Kitchen (laminate), he often backs himself up so the edge of his butt will hit the edge of a dog bed.

His legs just seem to sply out and slip...not very comfy.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Guest starbuck

Ohh....

I thought perhaps it was for some sort of testing she was doing. Some TD or Good Citizen tests require they do it.

So...yes!

Get a couple of pieces of rubber backed carpet to take to school.

Nigel took the longest time to learn to sit, and even now if we're in the Kitchen (laminate), he often backs himself up so the edge of his butt will hit the edge of a dog bed.

His legs just seem to sply out and slip...not very comfy.

They seem to be exceptionally picky about their flooring options.

Guest starbuck

Well, the "puppy" class graduation did not go well this evening. One of the dogs who'd been iffy since day one (when a little roughhousing ended up with another dog bleeding) nearly took the ear off of another. Everyone ended up "okay," but to say that the class ended in tears, screaming, and blood wouldn't exactly be an understatement. I feel bad saying this, but I'm just really glad it wasn't Starbuck; she's a lot more fragile than some of the other, burlier breeds in the class.

Very nice! I espcially appreciate that you accept the "sidesaddle sit" both legs to one side - because to me - the standard sit - on a greyhound turns into a hover-squat - that most don't like, and few can pull off.

Nicely done.

As a foster mom myself - don't you just LOVE it when your "foster kids" get a great home and do well? Good job foster parent - you're part of this! Pat yourself on the back because you're part of getting this dog to this point. :) Job well done.

We have laminate through most of our house. All the dogs through here have adapted to it just fine.