Is This A Corn Or What Is This

In the pic it looks really white but it's not. It kind of looks like a small pebble. what should my first course of treatment be to help Lexie. She sometimes slightly limps when she first gets up but she has no problem running or playing. All suggestions welcome. Home remedies would be helpful for the holiday weekend.

f1.jpg

f2.jpg

Lexie is gone but not forgotten.💜

Looks like something I would probably try Bag Balm on. Might need a sock over it to keep her from licking the Bag Balm. I'm assuming that it's a corn, but those who have more experience with them may have a better solution.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Looks like a corn. You can hull it yourself or have the vet hull it for you. She may or may not get some relief from it. You can also try and use the duct tape method. Cut a piece of duct tape and put it over the corn. Change it every couple of days and it may loosen and come out.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest cristaron

We had our boys removed surgically but it was back within a couple

months. Now we just put a boot on that foot when he goes out walking.

In the house he's fine but when he gets out on the cement or blacktop,

he'll start to limp.

He will let me dremel it off too. Just enough to flatten the surface

so it's even with the rest of the pad. He's got a couple little ones on

other toes but they haven't seemed to bother him yet.

Pain in the heinie, these corns.

:(

corn to me. feel the surface with the corner of your nail. is there an edge, circular shaped? if she is leash walked a lot than often they sand down the defining edge as they walk on sidewal/roads. you need to be able to feel the edge to hull. duct tape works as long as they don't pull it off. i have never used the murry ave pharm's cream, but the posts make it sound good. they do return after hulling and emily hated her$$ therapaw bootie, others swear by it.

Edited by cleptogrey

Guest arlosmom

Definately looks like a corn. We are plagued with them. The Murray Ave. corn cream is great, we use that, and dremel and my husband hulls them actually with his fingernail. Takes a while till they are ripe enough to pull out. Once we tried surgery but it is expenive, difficult to heel from and they still come back. Just takes persistence.

Looks like what Mariah has and our vet calls them warts. We just had them dremeled at the vets office. Vet suggested keeping the pads soft so twice a day we rub Karosal ointment on her pads and also give Thuja 3 pills per day. I really don't know what will help but I feel your pain.

Forgot to mention that our rescue group before we got Mariah had them surgically removed. Would not do that again as her feet were so tender that we would have to pick her up and carry her outside. Recommend just to keep the pads soft with an ointment. If the pads are soft then when they walk the warts/corns do not hurt as much.

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg

Looks like what Mariah has and our vet calls them warts. We just had them dremeled at the vets office. Vet suggested keeping the pads soft so twice a day we rub Karosal ointment on her pads and also give Thuja 3 pills per day. I really don't know what will help but I feel your pain.

Forgot to mention that our rescue group before we got Mariah had them surgically removed. Would not do that again as her feet were so tender that we would have to pick her up and carry her outside. Recommend just to keep the pads soft with an ointment. If the pads are soft then when they walk the warts/corns do not hurt as much.

Thanks. I bought some of that bag balm and I am using the duct tape.

i think using bag balm and duct tape contradict each other. w/ the duct tape the wart/corn is smothered, the bag balm will soften it and make it impossible for the duct tape to stick. jillyfullhouse, what do you think?

That's right...before applying the duct tape, it's good to clean the corn with alcohol and eliminate any

other stuff like sand or earth. Then put the duct tape on (just the size of the corn) leave it for 2 days and

remove to put a new one on. Normally after a period of 8-10 days with duct tape, the corn sticks out and can be removed easily. For my Soldi this method worked. She suffered from recurrent corns...

--------------------------------------------

user posted imageuser posted image

Marion, Ivy & Soldi

Perseverance is not a long race...

it is many short races one after another.

Guest tore140

The therapaw boot worked great for my greyhound, he doesn't limp at all anymore and he used to be nearly lame. It's definitely not cheap, but worth it for me. He loves his walks, and really needs the exercise. Fortunately he is very cooperative with the boot, maybe your dog will be as well.

Hi all,

I tried the duct tape for the last couple of days and now it looks bigger. Is it suppose to look like that? Does that mean it will come out soon? I am afraid to touch it. Should I just go to the vet and have him dremmel it or keep using the tape? It seems to be bothering her more when I walk her outside on the cement cause she is favoring her other foot. Thanks for all your suggestions.

I ordered some homeopathic stuff from Lori Rose in the UK. She specifically makes the treatment to your pups needs so she asks general health questions and then she makes it. I think I spent $55 USD and got it in a few weeks. There was a TINY pill once a day for 6 days and then another TINY pill once a week for 6 weeks and some oil to rub in twice a day. It got bigger before it got smaller and in about a month it was gone. poof! Great stuff.

I did notice the other day that it's back so it's back to the oil on her toe. I'm sure had I continued to use it the corn wouldn't be back :( lesson learned.

Missing my bridge greys Opal and Eden and cat Bailey. Mom to Missy the Super Mutt and recent foster failure of Miley to mini-mutt.