Ez Has The Big D

I have been doctoring him for over 3 weeks with the big D - it is all water and I also get a 4 am wake up call

The idiots at the vet when I took in fecal samples of the 4 pups combined it in one and discovered on of the pups had hook worm - which one ?????? Treated all 4 for hook. EZ developed the big D (all water) Penske and Arby soft mushy bowels - put them on Flagyl - still mushy plus EZ still had watery bm's. Decided to give them all Pancur still mushy and EZ watery, gave more Flagyl - Arby and Penske starting to form but EZ still watery - so I am tired of playing around and I will be going to the ER vet shortly

Will update later

It is better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all

Missing my Big Blue eyed Bear

They kept EZ. He was not acting normal when I drove there he laid down most of the way which is not EZ and Pam who knows him from going to Neurology clinic remarked that he was not acting right and they will be doing an ultra sound later, noticed he had a shunt in his leg, will be transferring him to internal meds later on

asked for fecal matter - asked them how to you get the big D in a container? Took kibble, canned food, cream cheese, carrots and people crackers along with his meds

Praying that they will find out what is wrong with him

sending prayers for your boy, Bery1! :hope :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

thank you at least I have piece of mind knowing that something is being done - am upset at the vets I use will be looking for a vet closer to my home instead of driving for an hour and not getting any results

Sending hugs and prayers for EZ and you, too Beryl. It's just so heart wrenching to have our guys sick like that! Praying that's it's a quick fix and he's back to normal quickly.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

have him on IV's, antibiotics , feeding him a bland diet, waiting for a radiologist to read his ultra sound, not sure if he will be transferred to internal medicine tomorrow but I should get a call around noon or 1 pm...

Beryl, you and EZ are in my prayers. Hopefully today you'll get a report on what is causing this and that he is now on the mend.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Is it good news or bad news

Vet said they are still waiting for lab work to come back and to safe me some money they will discharge him with the new medications - can go pick him up in an hour. They are now treating him for an infection. It will be according to his labs of how they will proceed to the next stage - which could be a biopsy - hope we don't have to go that route - btw one of the meds he is now on is tygan

I don't know why but he had a seizure around 9:20 pm - I wonder if they did not dose him with the proper amount of Phenobarbital and Potassium Bromide while he was in the hospital - he usually does not have seizures at this time but in the we hours on the morning..........

Edited by 6greyhounds