Odd Topic

Guest IndyHound

Guest IndyHound

This is an odd topic but one I'm curious about. Does anyone else have a grey that only poops once a day. I walk him after his morning feeding and nothing but every night after his feeding he promptly does his business. I've never had a dog that's done this before. So I didn't know if that's just him being him. Or if its something I'm doing.

Guest greytgrandma

I was never so concerned with doggie doo doo till Hot Rod came into our lives.And I found GT :lol

when Hot Rod stays with us he goes a couple times a day. on his morning walkies and then his evening walkies

This is GreyTalk. This is a standard topic - not an odd topic....:lol

In this house we have the Early Morning Poop - right after breakfast, The mid-day walk poop (or two), and the after dinner walk poop (or two). Apparently we have a Super Pooper.....:lol

Most likely the frequency depends on the pup's diet and metabolism - sounds like it is normal for your dog to go once a day. If he's not in any obvious distress and no other issues, I wouldn't be overly concerned.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

I have to agree with Riverhound. You are so freakin' lucky!!!!!

Sammi poops (usually) at: 530am (first wake up), 730ish (a bit after breakfast), 5pm (before dinner) & 8pm

And definitely not an odd subject! :lol I have never discussed poop as much as I have since joining GT! ANd when my son was born, I was on a new mommies forum! -you'd think new moms would discuss it as in depth as we do here :blink:

Edited by Gryffenne

Guest BrianRke

I've heard that the amount of times a dogs poops is directly related to the number of times he/she is fed during the day. All I know is mine eat 4x/day and poop 4x/day.

... and will force a poop on any extra walks he gets.

:lol I thought Poodle was the only one to do that. If the dogs behind the fences talk smack to him he magically comes up with poop.

Heyokha does that, too. And at that point, it's usually pudding because he's forcing the issue. <_<

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Guest mirinaaronsmom

We're in the multiple poops camp too. Mine are fed twice a day and on an hour walk will poop 4 times each. Of course the last couple are very juicy, but they really try hard to get some more out. I figure they're thinking that it must be great stuff if Mom wants to carry it with her all the time.