Long Lasting Chews...

I feel like I've tried all the chews out there. He doesn't like bully sticks :blink: and I have lots of different flavors and plain rawhides and he could care less about them. The thing that last the longest are frozen marrow bones. Even chicken backs and such last minutes.

I was curious if any one had any good rec's for less messy chews. It gets annoying putting down towels every time he eats frozen meat, plus the washing etc. I've tried some "Waggin' Tails" pork spirals and those are okay. He likes them sometimes. :headwall

Also no on horse hooves...may try dried pig ears but they look difficult for them to handle in their paws.

ps... While I have some eyes here.. is there no GT calendar this year?? Didn't see a link.

Thanks in advance!

Antlers. www.elkusa.com Make sure you get them big enough. I get the split ones.

Siggy1.jpg

Flying Racine 7/25/08 and Twelve Pack 12/1/2004
At the Bridge- Abenacki Icebox (Kiaba) 4/21/2002-4/1/10 and Wumps Niece (Tehya) 4/21/2002-11/26/2010
www.greyhoundwelfare.org

Antlers. www.elkusa.com Make sure you get them big enough. I get the split ones.

So do you get the large ones? I don't like how you have to buy 2 or 3lbs of the stuff. It gets expensive and I don't even know if Chance will like them! Do they sell them anywhere else or in smaller amounts?

Thx for your input..

Guest sja5032

So do you get the large ones? I don't like how you have to buy 2 or 3lbs of the stuff. It gets expensive and I don't even know if Chance will like them! Do they sell them anywhere else or in smaller amounts?

Thx for your input..

I order from there too, I get the large. I believe bestbullysticks.com has singles.

Looks like elk usa doesn't have any of the split antlers. I can tell you that ordering them there is much cheaper! One of the large split antlers (5 inches or so) can be around $11.00 dollars. You may check at your local specialty pet store. You also may want to search antlers here on GT. I know the subject has been talked about before.

Siggy1.jpg

Flying Racine 7/25/08 and Twelve Pack 12/1/2004
At the Bridge- Abenacki Icebox (Kiaba) 4/21/2002-4/1/10 and Wumps Niece (Tehya) 4/21/2002-11/26/2010
www.greyhoundwelfare.org

Pigs ears shouldn't be a problem for any dog to handle....but I doubt they'll last more than 30 minutes. Though they do enjoy them ;)

I believe Waggin' Tails makes their products from China. I was at the store the other day and checking which treats were made in China. The one with the cowboy-like-dog on the front was ... I'm pretty certain it was Waggin' Tails.

I believe Waggin' Tails makes their products from China. I was at the store the other day and checking which treats were made in China. The one with the cowboy-like-dog on the front was ... I'm pretty certain it was Waggin' Tails.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I'm returning the bag...it's still unopen. I didn't realize what was going on in China. I'm not a big "watch-the-news" fan...it's always depressing. BUT, I'm glad to know this.

Thank you

My english pointer has sworn off rawhides as well as pork skin chews. She loves pig ears but they are too rich to give very often and don't last very long.

I have gone back to keeping a stash of frozen kongs in the freezer. I put a treat in the kong and plug the hole with peanut butter or cream cheese.

Carl actually likes Nylabones. I found some that look like they have marrow in them, they are infused with some sort of meat smell. He loves them. Weird, most dogs I've had HATE them! Carl's favorite is theNylabone Stegosaurus! I like it because it really helps keep his teeth clean.

ETA I don't much like stepping on the Stegosaurus, though! Inevitably, when I'm barefoot. Claire accidentally laid down on it and started squealing!

Edited by seeh2o

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014