Simply Nourish

Guest Timo

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with PetSmart's new "holistic" line of dog food, Simply Nourish. I started Timo on the limited ingredients sweet potato and salmon formula a couple of weeks ago.

I noticed that he is drinking a lot less water now than when he was on TOTW Pacific Stream. This food is a little more expensive than TOTW though. Just wanted to see if anyone else has had any experience with it. Thanks!

I don't have anything to offer about the dog food, but I did have to comment on your very cool siggy :lol

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I, too, don't have anything to offer but I'd loooove to see a larger version of that siggy!

We are no help :P

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

That is just hilarious! I've never seen a picture quite like that one. :lol

Oh, sorry I don't know anything about the dog food. Looking at the nutritional info I was surprised to see that fish was not the first ingredient.

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

No, sweet potato was the first, I think. The vet had recommended a lower protein percentage diet and wanted us to add some frozen veggies to his meal. So, we thought sweet potato being first wasn't too bad. I think the frozen veggies are giving him not-so-great poops though. I'm going to stop that for a week and see if it improves. Then I might just add chopped up fresh carrots to his meal. When I did that before, his poop wasn't runny. His belly must not like peas and green beans too much.

As for the siggy pic, I find it to be hilarious as well! Hubby and doggy... can't tell them apart! Lol.

Lol. I don't think hubby wants his face (readily recognizable) on a public forum while roaching. Hahaha! He approved the smaller version though. ;-)

Guest jettcricket

Lol. I don't think hubby wants his face (readily recognizable) on a public forum while roaching. Hahaha! He approved the smaller version though. ;-)

Oh that is so funny...and, no, I have no input on the food either. :lol

As for the siggy pic, I find it to be hilarious as well! Hubby and doggy... can't tell them apart! Lol.
Sure you can. One seems to have more hair on the head and less...oh never mind.:P

I don't know anything about the food, but I appreciate the heads up because I am having a bit of supplier problem around here. While I prefer to support local businesses, sometimes the big boxes are just more reliable.

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

Guest IrskasMom

I wanted to add something in Regards to the Food Question. In my PetsMart they have some Holistic Food that comes in a Roll ( 3 lb. ) and has to be Refrigerated after Opening.Is that what you are refering to ?

• 1 month later...
Guest BillNY914

I actually have transitioned Ben over to the Simply Nourish chicken and brown rice formula. Poops have been a bit soft, probably due to lack of beat pulp which was in most of his prior foods, but A LOT less poop to pick up... and he actually eats it! It's also fairly reasonable as well in comparison to some of the other foods out there. I also bought some of the canned stuff to mix in for variety, it actually looks and smells like people food! I'm just hoping the poops firm up, he's on his second full week after transitioning off his other food.

We just bought our fourth bag of the sweet potato and salmon kibble. His poop isn't super firm, especially his second poops. But, he's never been the best pooper. He's also had a lot of stress the last 3+ weeks with our move and drive across country, which I am sure is contributing to his sensitive stomach. I do notice that he's not dying for water like when he was on TOTW.

Guest BrianRke

Check the label on the cans. I cant remember where its made, but its not good. I bought some once without checking and when I saw where it was made I threw it away.

Guest Swifthounds

PRODUCT OF THAILAND... Wanna risk it?

The canned food, yes. What difference that makes, I'm not sure. As hard as it is for some to believe, having a food manufacturing plant in the U.S. is not indicative of quality or higher standards.

Guest BrianRke

PRODUCT OF THAILAND... Wanna risk it?

The canned food, yes. What difference that makes, I'm not sure. As hard as it is for some to believe, having a food manufacturing plant in the U.S. is not indicative of quality or higher standards.

I definitely agree. Some "American" dog food companies source their ingredients from China and other Asian countries. Currently there are no requirements for them to disclose that information.

Guest BrianRke

I had the displeasure of visiting Thailand a few years ago. Seeing skinned dogs in butcher shop windows turned my stomach. The hygiene practices I witnessed were appauling. The food made me sick everytime I ate something (I have a strong stomach and never get sick in any other country I visit, including Indonesia and several countries in Africa). I would NEVER knowingly feed my dogs anything that came from Thailand. That being said, I would also never knowingly feed my dogs food from several American companies either.