Don Juan ~ L D's Kokomo

Guest PhillyPups

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RedTigerJazz

I'm so sorry, Pat. I know you were expecting this day but that sure doesn't make it any easier. My thoughts are with you and your pack. Hugs to all of you. :grouphug

~Lisa~

Guest brcgreys

:weep {with you Phillypups} :candle {for my Island kids}

There was a little sister that never raced, I'm not sure if she has gone to the bridge. Also, the brother, LD's Montego (a.k.a. ALAN) was placed with a family somewhere up the East Coast, approximately 3 years ago. Maybe one of the ladies from ECGA could weigh in here?

Phillypups, I thank you for loving DonJuan and understanding his soul. He always was a proud, stoic, true grit kind of guy. You accepted that,cherished that and never wanted to change that about him. I'm glad I am proud to have been a part of his journey in the many ways that I was. At first, I had to prepare my racers to compete against him, then he (and family) was placed in my care to compete for me, then I got to be the one to retire him and see him off into the next phase of his life. Then, when their owner was faced with yet another difficult, near impossible hurdle, I was allowed once again to find new places for him and his brother to call home. I can't express just how fortunate that makes me feel to have been able to share the journey in all those ways. You loved him, he loved you. You were an awesome Mom to DonJuan. He was a wonderful teacher, as you and I both know. Every one of our greyhounds talk to us....... listen with an open heart, listen closely, because they speak in whispers.

Much love to you, Phillypups. My heart is with you.

Guest DoofBert

Thinking of you.... I know how hard it is.

Run fast and run free Don Juan... Raise some he!! at the bridge!

Hugs,

Jayne

I am so sorry that Don Juan had to leave- he did not have enough time with you! They were his best months, I am sure...Rest easy, handsome... :f_red

Edited by maximum

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves

Pat, I am so very sorry for your loss. DonJuan sure found a place in your heart, didn't he? And he'll never leave...

Hugs from Texas...

Lin, with Nick the Greyhound
Missing my girls Nadia, Tallulah, Cinderella, and my heart-dog Alexa, and my precious boys Twister, Loki, and Kevin

Oh no, Pat, I am only just seeing this now. I am so sorry for your loss. What a lovely tribute to your boy. He was lucky to have found you, even for that brief time, although I know you feel like you were the lucky one.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Pat, I am so very sorry. I have been on the road traveling and was shocked when I saw the thread. My heart breaks for you. I am sending you many condolences!!!!! :grouphug :grouphug

:f_red:gh_run Run Free Don Juan!:f_red

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest how888

I am so sorry for your loss Pat.. I know how hard it is.. I haven't been on much since my Nike passed over but I still think of everyone on here... :cry1

Guest barkdogs

Don Juan, Carl and Jules, all together again. With no arthritis, no pain, lots of room to run around ad soft places to nap. RIP you princes and princess of Philly and Alabama! Pat thanks for giving the Don Juan of the trio a happy end time to his life. My room mate dreamt last night that Jules saw her "brother" -- and he was a big handsome fawn hound.

I'm so sorry.:f_red

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound