Duke Aka M's Texas Arne

Guest Gideon

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gideon, I'm so sorry for your loss. That picture of Duke is wonderful; if that one shot doesn't tell a thousand stories my gosh.

And for the tool that dissed your hound at his most time of need; Karma's a bitch.

Huge hugs for you and your wife.

Run free Duke...If you see a Brindle up there kiss him for me

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.

Run free, Duke.

I hope you have already found stuffies and toys and pals to play with.

Please let your family know that you are OK now.

Carol

Greyhound Fleece Jackets

Greyhound Pack: EdWin, Jethro. and Lucky; Foster Jinks; Angels Janet, Faster, Blake, Navarre, Murray, and Festus.

Guest Gideon

Gideon, I'm so sorry for your loss. That picture of Duke is wonderful; if that one shot doesn't tell a thousand stories my gosh.

And for the tool that dissed your hound at his most time of need; Karma's a bitch.

Huge hugs for you and your wife.

Run free Duke...If you see a Brindle up there kiss him for me

On my facebook page i said of the that photo: "the road to nowhere is best traveled with a good friend"

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.

Run free, Duke.

I hope you have already found stuffies and toys and pals to play with.

Please let your family know that you are OK now.

Carol

ha! stuffies were ok but other dogs were to submit or be bitten. he was that kind of dog. he was a jerk in a lot of ways but we loved him anyway. In fact, it endeared us to each other and he was very private and selective with his affection.

if anything, i pray he opened his eyes on a mountain top on a chilly night with some good people he could join around the fire. that was his way.

Edited by Gideon

I'm so sorry.

In time, I hope the painful memories of his passing will be replaced with the many good ones of his life with you.

Pooping at the critical "would you" tender human moment -- classic.

Edited by EllenEveBaz

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Guest Gideon

thanks again folks. we're getting back to normality here but we really miss him. the hardest thing, I'm sure many of you know, is seeing him out of the corners of my eyes, turning to look and he disappears. this is starting to wane, thank goodness.

These are the last photos I'll post in this thread. I have to let go.

a sketch my dad did of him, he loved sketching Duke.

post-2972-0-14111700-1306201288_thumb.jpg

post-2972-0-91238700-1306201462_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gideon

Love your dad's sketch.

Rest well, Duke.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.