Please Think Good Thoughts For Nola

Poor girl looks so pathetic! (they do "pathetic" so well :lol)

How would she do with a soft cone like Jilly Bean is wearing? She's going to hate whatever you use :dunno

:kiss2

It's the same type as the link posted on the previous page, just different manufacturer. It's all Petco had (nearest store to my house) and painfully priced at $35 so she's going to wear it, darn it! I needed something to try out on her over the weekend so that she would be used to it come Monday when I have to leave her home alone for the weekdays. There was no time to order something, had I known she might end up with a drain I would have better prepared for it!!

I don't know what else to do.

Edited by Sorcha

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bruising looks normal to me. As long as your just seeing clear fluid or tinged with a bit of blood I wouldn't rush her back into the vet. The warm compress should help.

eta: The vets at VCA use email so if you're worried I'd call and ask about emailing them the picture--they've always been very willing to help over the phone without charging me.

Edited by PatricksMom

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

And now for some comic relief ...

HELP ME!

Nolacone.jpg

I hear you laughing but I can't really see you.

Nolacone2.jpg

Woe is me.

100_1693.jpg

Someone PLEASE save me!

100_1685.jpg

(Note: I went to Petco to try the soft cone, another $35. I also bought a collar to hold it in place to her neck, another $10. I still have the inflatable e-collar, I can't decide which she is more miserable in.)

Wow, one good surgeon! She looks great under the circumstances.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Thanks, Xan. Nola adores you!

Nola has never worn a muzzle, so introducing one to her now might freak her out. I can also see her using it to scratch at her chest and thus the stitches and drain. Sending more healing thoughts to your boys.

Thanks!

I don't like that swelling, and that the area is hot to the touch. Can you call your vet? Maybe it's getting infected? *knocking furiously on wood!!* It can't hurt to get an opinion ...

Sending waves of positive thoughts and comfort!!

:bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

How is Nola today ?? Any good News ??? :):):)

Thank you for asking. Nola has definitely had enough of all this. She is the type of dog that likes to be clean, so having blood coming out of the drain and getting her all messy was making for a very unhappy Nola. (Even though I kept cleaning her up with a warm wet cloth). She's not been able to run around the yard, not been able to romp in the house and play with toys so her whole demeanor is off and she acts depressed. She is also a free-roaming dog in the house, so having to be contained to an x-pen has made her miserable. I feel bad for her and miss my happy, loving Nola. The drain came out last night so that's a good thing, but the soft-sided cone stays on because there's now a hole where the drain was and it's still dripping a bit. The stitches don't come out until next Wednesday. I have been taking 1/2 days and using vacation time to come home and be with her in the afternoon to give her a break from being "locked up".

The inflatable e-collar did not work out. I came home early on Monday to find it still anchored to her neck with a regular collar, but she had managed to get the inflatable collar up over her head, resting on top of her muzzle so she could not see anything. She was freaked out (understandably so). Poor baby.

Edited by Sorcha

Poor Nola! :(

Tell her from us that there is a light at the end of this dark tunnel of woe. She'll be better, and growing new lovely hair in no time. Less than a week 'til she can have her face free again. Little days, lots of sleep ... This too shall pass!

:bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.