We've Started The Murray Ave Corn Cream

Guest Adrianne

Guest Adrianne

Well, we're at about Day 28 with the corn cream, and I'm very faithfully applying it twice a day. Here is what Chevy's paw pad looks like today.

IMG_2226.jpg

I do see a difference in the pad in the area surrounding the corn but no real difference yet in the corn itself. I hulled out a good chunk last week, though certainly not all of it. It's grown back very quickly and will probably be ready for hulling again in a few days.

Although this is obviously not a quick & easy fix, I'm not getting discouraged yet. I'll keep going and keep posting until either the corn is gone or the cream is gone.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bigbrindlebunny

Checking in to see how the experiment was going. We had Pete's corn hulled at the Vet yesterday, we seem to be in 30 day cycles now. That's after tons of bag balm, wrapping the paw in a baby sock and stuffing it into a thera-paw 24/7. As an added bonus, the thera-paw on for that long is irritating other areas of that paw, so we're going to be backing off of THAT.

I'm following this thread as well. Sage has a whopper of a corn right now. It's huge. One edge is just starting to separate. I've poked at it with my fingernail but I'm still a little lost as to how to hull or when it's ready to hull. So far as I can tell the corn is still flush against the pad. She limps terribly on hard surfaces, so I have a little sled dog bootie which I've placed a piece of shoe insole for cushioning. This helps her greatly so we can go on our walks. Otherwise I'm just kind of sitting on it (not literally), not quite knowing what to do. She had a small corn last year, but it disappeared on it's own.

GTsiggy_zps0481d543.jpg

Lisa with Finnegan (Nina's Fire Fly) and Sage (Gil's Selma). Always missing Roscoe
www.popdogdesigns.net pop art prints, custom portraits and collars

Guest arlosmom

We have used the corn cream with great success for Kingfish. We were not as diligent as we should have been but it has worked very well. He is corn free for the longest time since we got him. :thumbs-up:thumbs-up

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Adrianne

Quick update: today we've been doing the cream treatment faithfully for almost two months. I hadn't seen much change until I dug out a big chunk of the corn three days ago. I'm very happy to say the corn looks smaller tonight. I'll take a photo in a little bit when we finish with tonight's treatment.

Guest DebSzal

I have been reading everything with great interest. Gracie developed a corn on her toe that was amputated at the first digit due to trauma. The E Vet tried to save as much as possible and wrapped the pad over the top. Gracie developed a corn that went unnoticed for quite awhile. I began the corn creme and then ordered the prep acid and did the full treatment. Not much success, so we had it hulled and I began the treatment again. This time she developed an infection in the area and when the vet drained it he removed a black spot. I had hoped we were through but Gracie continued to limp on hard surfaces.

Then she developed a corn on the other side. As soon as I found it, I began treatment again figuring that if I caught it early I would have better success. After weeks of twice a day treatment, I didn't seem to be getting anywhere. I dremeled it down, but I wasn't able to "lift" the corn out. Then I noticed that pad was sloughing off and not where the corn was. That freaked me out, so I stopped the treatment and used the Therapaw (which I would pay a king's ransom for) for comfort when we went to GIG.

When we got home from GEM (which was nice since it was indoors on mostly carpet), I took Gracie to the vet to have the corn hulled. The hulling went well and the vet said that the corn was very small so it appeared that the creme might have done something.

Bottom line: it is time consuming and frustrating when the results don't equal the effort and I am not sure if it is worth it. But I have an open mind and am following this thread with great interest.

Quick update: today we've been doing the cream treatment faithfully for almost two months. I hadn't seen much change until I dug out a big chunk of the corn three days ago. I'm very happy to say the corn looks smaller tonight. I'll take a photo in a little bit when we finish with tonight's treatment.

I have been following this thread,I do not want to invest until I see your results. Thanks so Much for keeping us posted......

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest Adrianne

I do not want to invest until I see your results.

That's is exactly what kept me from investing for a few months. I kept looking for more personal experiences with the cream. I saw where several people started it, but I couldn't find much follow-up info as to success or failure. And it's why I decided to share our experience.

Here's the corn today. It's not a huge difference, but it does appear smaller to me.

IMG_9675.jpg

It is very time consuming and not seeing quicker results can be very frustrating. However, I'm going to keep with it until I either use up the entire tube of cream or the corn disappears, whichever comes first.

Guest eaglflyt

We will be ordering the corn cream soon. We just discovered a corn on Oscar's (our 2 & 1/2 year old boy) right rear foot. It's our first personal corn experience. :(

For now we are using Bag Balm twice daily until the corn cream arrives. We will be ordering in the morning.

Adrianne, with Zeke's corn (after treatment with the Murray Ave. Corn Cream), we found it did grow back but each time was a little bit smaller and easier to remove. It took almost a year of removal and re-growth but finally it has disappeared and hasn't returned. I also use Protecta-Pad to soften and condition his pads. He still has a corn pop out in a different spot now and then but these are not as tenacious or deep as his original corn.

Zeke was never patient enough to let me soak his foot so I had to come up with an alternative method. I held a warm, wet facecloth against the pad for about 2 minutes, applied the cream, pulled on a large baby sock and held it on with vet wrap & tape around the top. This prevented him from licking the cream. After 15 minutes, I removed the sock and the cream has disappeared into the pad. We still had excellent results and I use this method whenever a new corn appears.

Good luck with Chevy's corns. I thought Zeke would have corns and limp the rest of his life but he is now having a great time on walks without a need to wear his boots.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

We are honored to have a forum started under Murray Avenue Apothecary! We appreciate the good, the bad, and ugly as feedback for our greyhound Corn/Callus Cream. We have filled almost 500 tubes of the cream and generally, the results with consistent use following our exact directions (that are available on our website) have been very favorable. As you know, we are working on a preliminary study with Dr. Couto of OSU, so your feedback and participation with our survey is vital to the eradication and progress of this painful pet condition! At Murray Avenue Apothecary, we strive to produce compounds that are effective and safe to use, but don't break your bank. If you have specific issues regarding this treatment, please contact us directly at erica@murrayavenuerx.com or susanm@murrayavenuerx.com. We are always available Mon-Fri 9-5 to service you and your pet and answer any questions!

We appreciate your business and your support. Word of mouth has proven to spread the message to other owners. If you haven't yet discussed the Corn/Callus Cream with your vet please do so or have them contact us at the pharmacy.

Visit us! at

www.MurrayAvenueRx.com

www.YourGoddessRoom.com

Friend us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

There's a vet. in England, Daniel Doherty, who has a proprietary formula that people say cures corns in 3 visits. He will not share his formula because he says he is in negotiations with drug companies. It's too bad because he seems to have almost 100% cure rate.

Hitchie has one very persistent corn....usually hulled about every six weeks or so. He has very crooked front feet that cause him to limp all of the time...the worst of the two is the one with the corn. I watch it carefully so I know when it's time to have it hulled. Strangest thing....the past two times I've been ready to take him in, I've given one last check and it's gone. My friend, who does the hulling, asked me if he has started any new meds and other than Cosequin, he hasn't. I'll see what happens this time.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

Guest iconsmum

we had a HUGE, scary painful corn here that resolved completely using the murray avenue cream and hasn't returned a year later!!

I never touched it while it was growing off the pad - I was afraid that peeling it would leave a hole and maybe re-stimulate the root. I may have been right because the corn just kept growing off the top of the pad until one day it wasn't there anymore and all that was left behind was relatively soft pad skin- I almost died of shock lol

It took 4 months, I think. I do take the precaution of never using sidewalks during our walks, just in case...but I for one will never be without a tube of macc cream. The vets in Canada don't even know enough to check for corns, much less treat them effectively.

Guest Adrianne

We're still doing the cream, and last night the corn practically fell out when I picked at it after just softening the pad. Seriously, I picked at it for just 30 seconds or so, and a huge chunk came out. I then applied the Murray's cream and put on the plastic bag & boot for 30 minutes. We're a little over two months into this, and maybe maybe maybe we're nearing the end of the daily boot treatments.

We're going to keep going, and I'll keep posting our results. :colgate

Maddie's corn is still there but appears to be a little bit smaller. I was able to do the treat 2 times a day from Wednesday to sunday when we at MH instead of just the 1 time a day when I am at home and working during the week. many people recognized Maddie at MH and asked me about the cream and I even showed them our dental root elevator that I use to hull out her corn. I am seeing a little difference but we still need to work on it as the corn is still there.

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

• 2 weeks later...

We love reading all your posts! Please keep sharing your progress and results with us.

Please also take a moment to submit your testimonials on our website and review us on Angie's List.

Look for special offers and promotions....Friend Us on Facebook and Follow Us on Twitter @MurrayAvenueRx to get the most up-to-date information.

And don't forget, FREE SHIPPING with any purchase from our Online Apothecary!

Yours in health,

Erica Trimble, PharmD

Susan Merenstein, R.Ph./Owner

Murray Avenue Apothecary

www.MurrayAvenueRx.com

www.YourGoddessRoom.com

Thank you to Adrienne and others for posting on this topic.

Charlie currently has 5 corns on 4 paws. My sister, who is an esthetician, says that when she files callouses for people, it typically causes the callous to grow back even more. The skin gets the message to grow more of the protective type of skin. My experience with Charlie is similar -- his corns and callouses grow back with a vengeance after hulling and filing down with a dremel.

Due to the Canada Post labour dispute, I am waiting to order the Hyaluronic acid and the corn cream. I am currently applying organic olive oil and then wrapping his feet with warm damp cloths inside baggies for the 20 minutes, waiting 5 minutes and then applying Thuja essential oil, which is supposed to treat certain types of warts.

It seems like persistence and daily treatments is the name of the game with these miserable little corns!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Adrianne

We're still working with this. Sigh......it is hard sometimes not to get discouraged. Some days, I think the corn looks smaller, and other days, I think the corn looks bigger. Tonight it looks bigger to me. I hate it for him; he's such an amazing dog, and this stupid little corn causes him such grief.

Start getting rewarded for your purchases at our pharmacy!

Our NEW HEALTHY REWARDS program is HERE!

Spending so much money on your greyhound that he needs to get a job??

Earn rewards for every dollar you spend at Murray Avenue Apothecary as our way of saying "Thank you!"

ENROLL NOW and START SAVING!

Register online at www.MAApgh.com!

Yours in Health,

Erica Trimble, PharmD

Susan Merenstein, R.Ph./Owner

Murray Avenue Apothecary

www.MAApgh.com/www.MurrayAvenueRx.com

www.YourGoddessRoom.com

412-421-4996

I was talking to a friend of mine, my boy has had some cholesterol "bumps" that presented on his nose, ears and back leg. My holistic vet had me put him on Thuja 30cc pellets. Two pellets every other day. My friend then said that she had heard of someone using Thuja to help corns go away in greyhounds. I have no experience with corns or using Thuja for them, but I thought I'd put it out there. The did make Thuja Carl's "bumps" go away within about 3 - 4 months. They are all gone and now have fur growing in over them again. You can purchase Thuja at health food stores, it's pretty cheap. I wonder how it might work in conjunction with the corn cream treatment used in this thread.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014