Phoebe Just Did The Most Disqusting Thing!

Guest mpportraits

Guest mpportraits

Ok, does anyone else's grey do this? I almost dry heaved when I saw her doing it. She took a poop, then turned around, sniffed it and ate it! UGGGGGGGGGGGGGG :puke :puke :puke:repuke

Yep, it's common in dogs especially if there are no other dogs poop around to eat.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I have to agree.:lol I have 3 that will eat poop so I put stool guards in their muzzles to keep them from eating it. I've had a couple get really sick from eating it also. Not a nice thing.

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest mpportraits

omg jilly...you got me close to :puke there for a second! I haven't noticed if she eats Nina's poo, that's just disqusting. Should I start muzzling her? What's poo guard?

Stormy wears a muzzle on walks because he nips people if they get close to his pack . Never ate dog poop, but he smashed his muzzle in the dirt to get cat poop. Had to bleech it for awhile! Poodle also thinks our cat box is her personal vending machine ugh

Welcome to my world. :lol:lol:lol

I have one boy who likes his "hot out of the oven" and a girl who prefers the chilled variety -- but both will gladly partake of whatever they can find in the yard. Did someone mention bunny poo??

I used to get enraged (aka poo rage) when I saw them honking turds out in the yard (I do muzzle and stool cup but not all the time) -- but now I figure that's one less pile I have to pick up (just kiddin'). :rofl

Here is a picture of Sammie with his muzzle and you can see the white stool guard in it. You just slide it inside the muzzle and attach it. It prevents them from eating poop and anything else nasty that might be outside.

IMG_0556.jpg

Guest manawatugal

My new boy of 5 weeks ate a cat poo outside on the grass verge last week. It was pretty gross and I had to look twice to believe it, even though I have known of dogs that do this. Once on a walk with my kids when they were younger we saw a dog eat a horse poo which really grossed them out, and I always wondered whether eating the poo of a vegetarian animal means they are lacking something in their diet! I mean what about 'pica' when you eat strange things whilst pregnant (humans I mean) ie eating coal or wanting to lick the dirt of potatoes.

Guest PenguinGirl78

dog haiku:

the cat is not all

bad, she fills up the litter

box with tootsie rolls!

:rotfl I just about peed myself laughing at that!

When I adopted Simon, I was told that he was a "feaster of poop." Fortunately, he seemed to have outgrown it! :lol

Edited by PenguinGirl78

...ok, so my adoption rep told me about how she had a sweet little fawn girl in a parade...and someone had the grand idea of making the greyhounds walk BEHIND THE HORSES. apparently it was horrifying and hilarious and a big pain, and I about died laughing when she told me.

Enzo doesn't have the chance really to eat other doggy-poos, but he sure is into deer turds.

And what's really gross is when Mojo eats horse poop and sends it through the system...love that, really! ;)

My guys are getting new muzzles and stool guards here in the next week or so. Even the stinking shepherd.

Missing Hiro, Tank, and Tractor

I have read that the digestion track of dogs is so quick that the poop still has lots of nutritional value in it. So they may be getting something out of it. It is yucky and there are lots of things that are supposed to stop them from doing it. But the one thing that will stop it is to pick it up as they go.

We have a 15 year old that eats poop. DH says she has made it to 15 so she can eat what she wants. But we do try to prevent her from doing it.

Mom to Bella, Trinity, Cricket, DB, Dabber and Sidewinder
As well as Gizmo, Miles, Pumba, Leo, Toby, Sugar, Smokey, Molly, Jasmine, Axel, Billy, Maggie-Mae, Duncan, Sam (MH King 2019), Bambi, Stella, Bay and "Gerty the cat" at the Bridge

Rio seems to choke when we put her muzzle guard on her??? Her muzzle guard doesn't attach like the one pictured above, it just sits inside her muzzle at the end, but it is snug and does not move around at all, and it has "breathing holes" in it. She can be a bit of a drama queen, though, so we are not sure if she is just acting up in protest or really choking....thoughts?

Rio aka El Rio (Dec. 4/07) - Home May 16, 2010
Tiana aka CTW Tyra Time (June 7/07 to December 9, 2016) - home July 1, 2010, we miss you terribly, Sweet Girl :weep

Willy aka Starz Predator (Oct. 15/06) - home Aug. 29, 2010
and littermates Merlin aka CTW Excalibur & Mirage aka CTW Mirage (Jan. 1/08) - home Dec. 5, 2010
& June 3, 2012
missing Beagle-Chihuahua, Kasie Lynn (March 15/95-Sept. 13/10)

Guest mpportraits

If you guys can imagine...i am making those heaving sounds as I read in between laughs that I'm not the only one who has had to witness such a horrific, unsanitary, stomach lurching scene. I will try the muzzle as soon as I can run out in the morning to grab one. Thank you for sharing your stories! I don't feel like the only one with a gorgeous grey girl who has a poo eating secret...oh and she is TOTALLY into critter crunchies...if we leave the mud room door open, she runs around with a dookie cigar. :puke:puke:puke:puke

Rio seems to choke when we put her muzzle guard on her??? Her muzzle guard doesn't attach like the one pictured above, it just sits inside her muzzle at the end, but it is snug and does not move around at all, and it has "breathing holes" in it. She can be a bit of a drama queen, though, so we are not sure if she is just acting up in protest or really choking....thoughts?

Try and loosen the muzzle a bit so that her nose isn't touching the stool guard. I always loosen my muzzles a bit once I put the stool guard in place so they feel they have room to breathe. That may be her issue. The holes are basically there so she can still drink water in it. You can also attach the cup to her muzzle through the two holes in the middle so it doesn't slide around. I use tiny zip ties to attach mine.

welcome to Poo Eaters Anonymous. :o

Nube is a poop eater. Get a stool cup -- you can order one from GEM online :) Nube doesn't go out without it! :)

http://gemgreyhounds.org/gem_store/online_store.htm

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Yeah - I have a poop eater too. I have a muzzle that his mostly solid but with round holes in the sides to let in air (can't remember the name of it, but I really like it). However, my girl is so dedicated to her poop eating that she has learned if she turns her head to the side and squashes it down on a pile of poop, it will mush into her muzzle and she can eat it. YUCK! So I now put duct tape on the lower part of the muzzles.....sigh...

Pat