Totw Vs. Nature's Domain

Has anyone on GT switched from TOTW Pacific Stream to Nature's Domain Salmon & Sweet Potato(Costco's Grain-Free) kibble? If so, what has been your experience? I currently feed TOTW PS and am thinking of changing to Nature's Domain. I have compared the ingredients and they are alomost exact except that TOTW has castor oil and ND doesn't and conversely ND has flaxseed but TOTW doesn't. Other than that I see no other difference. So tell me GTers what's been your experience...good or bad?

Bernadette with Jak, Horizon, Kota, Barnaby, Madison, Earl, Tiggy, Finney, Tommy, Woody, Tyler and Lincoln all at the bridge

I didn't make that switch but have been feeding Nature's Domain for a while with great luck. Dylan has a pretty sensitive gut and he does very well with it.

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Oooh, I'm green with envy :P - but very glad to hear that others' pups are doing well on Nature's Domain. I've been wanting to try it since reading about it last year but our local Costco doesn't stock it. And the staff there had never heard of it, couldn't find it in their system, and couldn't tell us anything about when/whether they might carry it in future. :blink:

Any MA peeps know of a Costco here that is currently stocking ND? CT folks - would you mind sharing the locations where you've found it? Might have to pick some up on one of our trips through ...

gallery_21712_3317_21715.jpg
Merlin (Heathers Wizard), Mina (Where's Rebecca), and Mae the Galga - three crazy dogs in the house of M

I made the switch with my late boy- and he actually did better on the ND. I feed one of my new girls the ND now because of food allergies- she does very well on it. Recently, when I ran out and could not get to COSTCO (it is 1.5hrs away) I had to find the closest food in the local store. The Natural Balance (salmon & sweet potato) ingredients were the most similar to ND- and Ellie (thankfully) did well on it.

Kathryn, “Broadway” BW’s Broadway: Shaggy Bessie x Jimbo Red Rose, & "Ellie" Noah's Smelldog: Castor Troy x Mulberry Jade. My Angels "Sidney" Rainier Rapper: Rainier Ranger x Rainier Rapport (09/03/2001-2/26/2012); "Pistol" Tiowa Pistol: Rapido Rambo x My Roz (11/19/1998-8/02/2011); “Perry" Tiowa Perry: Rapido Rambo x My Roz (11/19/1998-6/09/2010); "Jackie" Mjp's Jackie: Joey Flint x Social Robin (6/12/1997-6/20/2008)

Guest FullMetalFrank

Went to Costco tonight and picked up a bag of ND; they now have turkey and sweet potato as well as the salmon!

Guest FullMetalFrank

My kids are LOVING the new turkey Nature's Domain and I like that it doesn't smell fishy (the salmon ND does actually smell better than a lot of the fish-based kibble, not complaining, but the turkey smells yummy-er! :lol )

Guest KennelMom

Our Costco still doesn't have it...the only dog still on kibble is our foster and I'd definitely try to switch her if I could. For now, we'll stick with the TOTW.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest isntitgreyt

I just wanted to say my gang has been on it for 2 weeks now and EVERYBODY is doing great on it!! No gas or anything!

I had posted in one of the other threads that Opie (on Kirkland Lamb and Rice) just wasn't that enthusiastic about his food any more. We bought the Natures Domain Salmon, and I am mixing it half and half. He is eating again with vigor, and his poops are better than ever. :):) I think we will stay on this mixture.

Mom to Toley (Astascocita Toley) DOB 1/12/09, and Bridge Angel Opie (Wine Sips Away) 3/14/03-12/29/12

• 2 years later...

Came looking for input/reassurance for the switch. We finally have a Costco within reasonable driving distance (just under an hour), and we will (fingers crossed) be adding a fourth houndie to our pack on Sunday. So I am in the process of switching to ND from TOTW. HUGE $aving$, even counting the membership fee and the extra gas money.

Thanks, all for your input...even 2+ years later, it's helping! :-)

Lisa
...sharing the journey with my best friend, Kevin, and our four greyhounds:
Littermates Sweetie* & Spicy (Possible Betsy, Possible Edna),

Moody* (Jr's Moody Man), and Dragon (Kiowa Dragonfire)

*Gone to wait for us at the Rainbow Bridge

• 1 month later...

We took the plunge today and bought some ND. With 3 hounds, I just couldn't justify TOTW when I could get the same thing for nearly half price. Here, TOTW was $94 + $10 delivery because we could only get it online. Today it was $60 for Costco membership and $51 for the ND so I break about even. Next time, in a fortnight, the membership will have paid for itself. Fingers crossed they all go well on it!

Keep us posted! I usually feed raw, but my senior has developed a sensitivity to chicken which is a staple in their diet. I tried a kazillion foods and didn't fare much better. He is finally doing just ok on TOTW (beef and boar blend). He snarfs it down but his output isn't as firm as I would like. The others are now wanting kibble too, go figure, so they are getting some with their raw.

If I have to supplement 4 dogs with kibble and Costco in on the way home from work, it's a no-brainer. Which, I have been accused of being on more than one occasion, lol.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Well, the food was scarfed down last night and this morning. On the walk this morning, poops were not quite as firm as I'd like but definitely not disastrous. We'll see how we go. Just keeping an eye on their skin, itching, licking etc as well.... But I think I might be on to a winner. If so, it will save us $1200 a year!!!!